Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Dishonest Online Store - Bestpricecameras.com

Digital Cameras

Dishonest Online Store - Bestpricecameras.com

bendjy

Dishonest Online Store - Bestpricecameras.com

Post Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:14 am

Hopefully you can avoid making the mistake I made a couple days ago.

Do not go with Bestpricecameras.com. What they basically do is try hustle you into agreeing to a deal that is different than the order you made.

2 days after ordering a Nikon D50 camera kit, I receive a email saying crypticly that my order was on hold until a confirmation by phone. I left a message that was not returned and reached them the next day to be told that the camera doesn't come with a battery and I needed to choose a battery for the camera (low hundred $ or high hundred $ was the choice I had to pick from). This was bringing their prices higher than Amazon. When I said that this was not specified on the website and is very unusual for such a camera, the saleperson said that all D50s are sold like that and he knows cause he just bought 3 for the holidays. This smelled like a big lie to me. So I said I was going to call right back and then the guy became pushy and aggresive telling me that he can't keep the order on hold forever. This was too obvious of a scam so I asked him to cancel the order. He was now pretty rude and said that he was going to go ahead and charge "the cancellation fees". When I called this dishonest and said I was refusing to pay whatever charge, he tried to make me feel like the bad guy and finally passed me to a "manager" who rushed me with a barrage of bull at 200mph without letting me finish half a sentence then hung up.

I guess you got the idea.

Bestpricecameras.com Don't do it.

ericvision

Post Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:21 pm

There are many posts of this kind on every photographic forum and newsgroup there is, all slating bestpricecameras.com for exactly the same thing. Don't you guys in the US have an equivalent of the UK Office of Fair Trading?

They'd be prosecuted and fined or shut down on this side of the Atlantic.

Still, they must be losing customers and making their way into bankruptcy by now since they have an international reputation for being crap! :cry:

gillettecraig

Post Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:24 am

You can fool a lot of people once and keep making plenty of money.

bendjy

Post Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:00 am

That's exactly what these guys do. They are career scammers. I filled a complaint with the Attorney General of New York but even if they eventually get shut down, they'll open something up under a different name. That's what they do, actually they probably run their business under several names at the same time. The only thing you can do to protect yourself if you are going to purchase online from a new merchant is to check their reviews at a place like resselerratings.com and even call them to get a feel for them.[/quote]

road_runner

Post Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:58 pm

Only in America - Crime Pays! :oops:

talleyfamilyphotography

Post Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:05 am

Always check ratings at resellerratings.com .

Here's a direct link to bestpricecameras.com: Click Here

gillettecraig

Post Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:03 pm

Crime pays everywhere - that's why there is crime everywhere.

austinrick

online in the usa

Post Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:15 am

My local store, the only pro store in Austin, redefines the term primadonna, so I went to the web. I have had two experiences with 17Photo that have been very good. No grey market, no call-backs, fast delivery, secure packing. I went there at first because there was essentially universal positive feedback on a number of sites that offered it.

They are usually close to the cheapest and seem professional.

colling

Re: Dishonest Online Store - Bestpricecameras.com

Post Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:19 am

Thanks for the update. I was about to buy from them.

-- Collin Ghosh

ukexpat

Post Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:38 pm

B&H Photo in NY is also highly reputable -- you may not get the absolute cheapest prices, but their service, pre during and post sale, is exemplary.

ilanphoto

Post Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:21 pm

Today I saw a plumbers van with a slogan that translates approximately to: "The aggravation from a poor job lingers much longer than the good taste of a cheap price"

I think it is true here as well

ggadwa

Best Price?????

Post Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:34 pm

:(.... I called Best Price just to see what they were like.....Boy what a TOTAL run around.....They use serious False Advertizing and the Salesman I talked with was a REAL JERK!!!

I know its been said over and over....but ....Go with the highly rated locations. There are plenty of Dealers who are Honest, Courteous, Polite, Knowledgeable and actually want to provide professional Sales and Service.

GARY

strooper

Baaaad

Post Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:56 pm

check these 2 sites - registered to the same unscrupulous people:

Best Price Cameras
Registrant:
Brian Peterson
Joey Saideh
brooklyn
brooklyn, ny 11223
US
Email: blcl99@aol.com
InfinityCameras.com
Registrant:
Brian Peterson
Joey Saideh
brooklyn
brooklyn, ny 11223
US
Email: blcl99@aol.com

orion700

Post Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:46 am

I ordered a Fuji s9000 from bestpricecameras.com for $439. I was called two days latter for an "order confirmation" by a guy named Adam. He immediately started a HIGH pressure sales pitch to get me to buy accessories, like lenses, filters, batteries and charger, memory cards, etc. I added a memory card and filter. This camera uses AA batteries and the batteries they offered to sell me were ~$150. I can get a set at Wal-Mart for $20. I turned down those and most other items a. Adam started to get frustrated that I wouldn't buy. Finally he gave me my total of over $850. So I politely asked to cancel the order for now. Adam got mad and told me "you're buying a digital camera, you should expect to spend a lot of money!" He started to argue and finally, angrily, said that he would charge me a $100 restocking fee. Nothing had been shipped. At that point we were yelling at each other over the phone. He continued to insist on charging me and hung up. I immediately called my credit card company, told them my story, without embellishment, and he transferred me to their fraud department. I had to cancel my credit card and get a new one issued.

DO NOT do business with these scam artists. Since I live in Alaska, I doubt they will send anyone this far to break my kneecaps. They have many complaints about their selling practices listed with the BBB. Their listed contact info is:

Phone Number: (718) 998-2975

Additional Phone Numbers:
(718) 627-7245, (800) 281-1724, (800) 593-0026
(718) 627-6066, (718) 627-7245

Fax Number: (718) 627-7245

1938 McDonald Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11223

The BBB also lists other company names for these scum bags:

Infiniti Photo,
Infinity Cameras,
J&K Cameras, Inc.
Report as of: 1/25/2006

(Taken from http://www.bbbnewyork.org)

And they should be shut down!

rolson

This store blows D@#K!!!!!!

Post Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:35 am

I did a price scan for a Nikon 50mm lens, and that store came up the cheapiest. So I called the store and got some guy that sounded like he was from the Saprono's HBO show. I asked him for that lens in stock. He says dont buy that lens, this $500.00 more lens is better. I say no thanks I would like this one. Then he tries to sell me a cheap ass filter for $100.00. I said NO THANKS. Now I here it in his voice that he starting to get mad at me, because all I want is that lens. So I start to give him my credit card info. Atfer giving him all my address stuff. He says. "Oh ya this lens is not in stock, but I ll charge your card now and mail it too you in a couple of weeks. I said NO THANKS "Mongo" Please cancel my transaction and I told him I am taping this conversation, so he hangs up on me. I checked my card that day. And he tried to place a order on that lens, but a GREY market lens. I called back the next day. And told them I filed a Police report on that MONGO guy working at the store. I got a credit very fast. If you donot buy any extra stuff at this store,, they lie and say its not in stock, and charge your card anyways. Stay away from MONGO....Mongo needs to sell shitty stuff Mongo needs food. F@#K that store. Oh buy the way I called that store all day on Sunday calling and hanging up. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

P.S. Try one of these stores
http://www.adorama.com
http://www.beachcamera.com

Next

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Dishonest Online Store - Bestpricecameras.com