Board index PBase Show and Tell 585th Show & Tell Competition: Juxtaposition of person and background - WINNER

Show and Tell

585th Show & Tell Competition: Juxtaposition of person and background - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
kzaret

grompem

Post Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:08 pm

I thank those who entered this contest and am sorry to those for whom the topic didn't resonate, as we didn't get many entries. On the other hand, we got very interesting photos. The subject of this competition is opportunistic, you have to chance upon it. A lesson to carry your camera as much as you can! Here are my faves:

Honorable mentions, in no particular order:

Peter Schultz

Markus Grompe:

A playful image from Jarek M.:

Scezepan:

Marcel de Jong, sort of a triple play between the child, the bush, and the painted bush in the background

And the winners are...

Third place, Flo Hendry: Simple, effective interaction between foreground and background

Second place, Peter Schultz: I like the contemplative nature of the image, best seen original where you can see the harlequin looking at the woman viewing the picture:

And the winner is: Markus Grompe, with this killer shot that may well have scared off other entrants. Hugely impactful:

jarekm

585th Show & Tell Competition: Juxtaposition of person and background - WINNER

Post Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:03 am

Thank you for the recognition and congratulations to the winners.
Jarek
Last edited by jarekm on Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

schultzy

Re: 585th Show & Tell Competition: Juxtaposition of person and background - WINNER

Post Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:58 am

I found this subject interesting and challenging...
Thanks for these HM and second place, congratulations Markus for your first place !

cits_4_pets

Re: 585th Show & Tell Competition: Juxtaposition of person and background - WINNER

Post Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:08 pm

TY for the 3rd place...winner just awesome! Had seen and commented a several years ago on that image.
Flo
Cits 4 Pets where Happy Pets Go with the Flo
http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/
My Firefox Tthemes/skins for your web browser)

gillk

Post Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:27 am

Congrats to the winners - really enjoyed the entries - they have inspired me to try to catch such scenes !
Gill

Board index PBase Show and Tell 585th Show & Tell Competition: Juxtaposition of person and background - WINNER