Board index PBase Questions and Answers Commenting

Questions and Answers

Commenting

Ask if you need help using PBase.
laroseforest

Re: Commenting

Post Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:25 pm

I have also written to PBase about this problem. I hope things are resolved soon because it is frustrating!

helenpb

Post Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:26 pm

dlgphoto wrote:I wrote to their support this morning. Hopefully others are doing the same. Hopefully this is not hurricane related since I believe PBase is in North Carolina

Based on their area code (919), they appear to be in the Raleigh, NC, area, which is inland but still might be suffering the effects of the hurricane. I've received no answer to my two emails, but I suppose it's possible they can't answer right now.

jwcoffman

Post Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:37 pm

Think about it, if they even had a support team this issue would have been addressed by now.

calopteryx

Post Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:32 pm

I can't comment!! Solve it as quickly as possible Pbase!

danad

Post Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:46 pm

Same problem for me for twelwe hours....and no reaction from pbase ! Is There anybody on command ?

chrishadden

Post Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:34 pm

Still the same problems, fingers crossed all will be well again.

sleddog

Post Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:34 am

No comments show up yesterday or today!

graeme45

Post Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:58 am

I wrote to their support this morning. Hopefully others are doing the same. Hopefully this is not hurricane related since I believe PBase is in North Carolina

If this was the case would the whole site be down not just the commenting? Still no comments this morning...

pkocinski

Post Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:42 am

Sat Sept 7 7:40 AM EDT - comments still not working - 3 days now.

helenpb

Post Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:58 pm

Well, I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt because of the hurricane, but the weather is reportedly beautiful today where they live in NC with no chance of rain, so I don't believe that was the reason, or it certainly isn't now. I think it's just a lack of attention to the site and a total lack of concern for the thousands of people who pay for membership here. Perhaps it's time to start exploring alternatives to Pbase because we're going on three days now with no end in sight, and I've pretty much had it.

jwcoffman

Post Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:04 pm

When they do resolve the problem would bet there will be no explanation whatsoever! Not even a sorry for the inconvenience...

laroseforest

Post Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:24 pm

I just noticed something very odd! This morning I had a comment on one of my galleries, not an individual photo, but a gallery, and thought all was back to normal. I left a comment under a photo and it vanished. So the commenting feature for individual photos has not been restored. But when I left a comment under a gallery, a few seconds ago, it showed up. So something is very screwy here. It seems commenting on galleries works, but not for individual photos. I've sent two emails to PBase using the Contact PBase link on the site's home page. I got an automatic response saying they'd reply. Needless to say no reply and nothing posted here in the Forum from PBase. I am so fed up with their lack of hand's on management.

helenpb

Post Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:38 pm

laroseforest wrote:I just noticed something very odd! This morning I had a comment on one of my galleries, not an individual photo, but a gallery, and thought all was back to normal. I left a comment under a photo and it vanished. So the commenting feature for individual photos has not been restored. But when I left a comment under a gallery, a few seconds ago, it showed up. So something is very screwy here. It seems commenting on galleries works, but not for individual photos. I've sent two emails to PBase using the Contact PBase link on the site's home page. I got an automatic response saying they'd reply. Needless to say no reply and nothing posted here in the Forum from PBase. I am so fed up with their lack of hand's on management.

That's very odd, but I vaguely remember something like this happening years ago, i.e., being able to comment on a gallery but not a photo. It would be different if this site were free, but it isn't, and they're not providing the service a lot of people have paid for. To me, it's almost worse to have received no response from "management" than it is to be unable to leave comments on pictures.

helenpb

Post Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:18 pm

OK, well I called and left an urgent message on their answering machine. Let's see if that produces a result.

jwcoffman

Post Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:30 pm

helenpb wrote:OK, well I called and left an urgent message on their answering machine. Let's see if that produces a result.

Way to go, Helen!!!

PreviousNext

Board index PBase Questions and Answers Commenting