Board index PBase Show and Tell 346th Show & Tell Competition: Weathered and Worn - WINNER

Show and Tell

346th Show & Tell Competition: Weathered and Worn - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
terrybowker

ellisonphotography

Post Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:35 pm

#
Well, as everyone who judges these contests states it is always a bit of a job trying to pick a winner, especially with a number of very good entries. I personally would like to see us move to a more democratic way of selecting winners, maybe by giving each person who enters the ability to vote on all of the other entries (obviously not their own).

Here are the Honorable Mentions in no particular order:

Wreck - Point Reyes by Marcel de Jong

Rome, the Eternal City by Rafael Aviles

Nap Time by Dennis Camp
by

******W I N N E R S******

T H I R D * P L A C E

Ashcroft by Ken Zarat
Excellent Black and white image of this old building; very well composed and great contrast!

SE C O N D * P L A C E
Split Apple by David Decroix
Mother nature has taken eons to erode and split this "apple", and David has done an excellent job of capturing the result. This is very well composed; I really like the placement of the horizon low in the image, as it elevates the prominence of the main subject.

F I R S T * P L A C E
Palangan by the The Ellisons
They say that you really smile with your eyes, and that is certainly true in this case. This is a great capture of this well worn elderly man so obviously filled with life and happy to be photographed. Congratulations to the Ellisons!

ellisonphotography

Re: 346th Show & Tell Competition: Weathered and Worn - WINNER

Post Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:42 pm

Thank you very much for first place, Terry!

The sweet old man in the photograph will for always remain in my memory, and I dedicate this first place to him and the people of the village of Palangan.

The new contest will be posted tomorrow!

ddecroix

Post Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:56 am

Thanks a mil for the challenge and the 2nd place Terry!
Congrats to all participants and winner The Ellisons.

I also agree with you about the democratic selection, like the one in dpreview challenges for instance.

All the best.
Dave

fishit

Post Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:04 am

Thanks Terry for the HM and congrats to the winners, the theme was a good idea.

kzaret

Post Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:38 pm

Thanks Terry for the 3rd. Interesting topic and great choice for the winner.

So many other sites use group voting with a bias to the mean, in this forum there are the individual opinions that sometimes drive us nuts but many times force us to look at the images differently, and learn from that.

Either way.

Best regards to all,

k

Board index PBase Show and Tell 346th Show & Tell Competition: Weathered and Worn - WINNER