Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Searching for a compact with repeat exposure

Digital Cameras

Searching for a compact with repeat exposure

bdoets

Searching for a compact with repeat exposure

Post Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:04 pm

To take shots from the wingtip of my hang glider -and avoiding the hassle of remote control- I'd like to buy a digital compact that will take pictures with a chosen interval, like 1 in 20 seconds or so. It would not need to have a lot of features; 4 or 5 Mpx would be plenty and the lens does not need a lot of zoom but it would be nice to have a really wide angle. Of course it should be possible to disengage auto-off.
There is no way to search for a camera with this repeat function on the internet, which is why I'm asking here; maybe you happen to know a suitable one. I'd be willing to pay $ 100 to $ 150 (since I'd use the camera for just this purpose, and it would run a certain risk of being damaged...) I might consider a used camera.
Bart Doets
Holland

castledude

Re: Searching for a compact with repeat exposure

Post Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:22 pm

Pentax W series will do this they run a little higher than your price ($200-$250) but an older one might get in that price range. The W90 is a shockproof version of the camera (but runs about $350).
Casio has a similar shockproof camera with interval (EX-G1)

Both the above are weatherproof also ...

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Searching for a compact with repeat exposure