Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Any Software That Bypasses 'My Pictures'?

Photo Editing Software

Any Software That Bypasses 'My Pictures'?

blenkarnie

Any Software That Bypasses 'My Pictures'?

Post Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:10 pm

Hi All,

I had an engineer set up my PC because it was networked to another. He got carried away and created a duplicate hidden file for 'my pictures' so that not only do most of the images I scan from Google dissapear but the ones I do get to view are mostly in the form of empty files with a name and no pic!

I posted on the Windows Vista forum and the answer to sorting the problem out was so technically complex and longwinded that I gave up. All I want now is a piece of software which also can scan and copy images on Google while bypassing 'My Pictures.'

I envisage a sotware that will place it's own 'Save picture to...' on the menu when I right-click a Google image.

Apparently photoshop does not perform this function.

Grateful for your assistance,
Blenkarnie. :)

nelu_goia

Re: Any Software That Bypasses 'My Pictures'?

Post Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:23 pm

Hi!
Google is your friend:)
http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=189330
- Right click on folder (Videos, Documents, etc)
- Go to properties
- Click on the "Location tab"
- Change the location to a folder somewhere else that's more convenient for you.
Cheers:)
Nelu

blenkarnie

Re: Any Software That Bypasses 'My Pictures'?

Post Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:11 pm

Thanks Nelu,
Unfortunatly the two 'My Pictures' folders were deleted and although I was able to creare a new folder in my documents I was not able to name it and even if I did I don't know how to attract images to it.

Alternativly I thought of partly reinstalling Vista. But it seems Vista is not so partial to that as XP or previous and you would have to do a clean install.
I am pretty amazed that Photoshop is incapable of doing what seems an obvious task for it.

It does look in my case as though I need any piece of software that will replace 'My Pictures'.

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Any Software That Bypasses 'My Pictures'?