Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Canon EF 100-400

Digital Cameras

Canon EF 100-400

gittie70

Canon EF 100-400

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:00 pm

I am going to Florida this july and plan to buy a Canon EF 100-400 overthere for shooting pictures in the Everglades.
Where is the best place to buy this lens ? Any suggestions?
(We will be in the Port charlotte Area most of this holiday)

prinothcat

Re: Canon EF 100-400

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:28 pm

If you've decided this is the lens for you, why not order it online from B&H Photo, Adorama, or Ritz? It will save you the need to run about Florida looking for this lens, and will probably save you some money as well. It will give you a chance to become familiar with it before it become important to get the shot.

dang

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:03 pm

prinothcat wrote:If you've decided this is the lens for you, why not order it online from B&H Photo, Adorama, or Ritz? It will save you the need to run about Florida looking for this lens, and will probably save you some money as well. It will give you a chance to become familiar with it before it become important to get the shot.

Can't argue with this, and feel you can't go wrong with B&H. But for those unaware, according to reports, Ritz filed for Chapter 11: http://www.reuters.com/article/companyN ... 4320090223 While Ritz has always been a reputable company, current circumstance would make me think twice.

prinothcat

Post Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:33 am

dang wrote:
prinothcat wrote:If you've decided this is the lens for you, why not order it online from B&H Photo, Adorama, or Ritz? It will save you the need to run about Florida looking for this lens, and will probably save you some money as well. It will give you a chance to become familiar with it before it become important to get the shot.

Can't argue with this, and feel you can't go wrong with B&H. But for those unaware, according to reports, Ritz filed for Chapter 11: http://www.reuters.com/article/companyN ... 4320090223 While Ritz has always been a reputable company, current circumstance would make me think twice.

My understanding is that the brick and mortar Ritz is chapter 11, which is debt restructuring as opposed to chapter 7 which is liquidation. I was lead to believe the online was a separate entity. Of course in the past what I have believed and reality sometimes fail to coincide... :roll:

dang

Post Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:09 am

prinothcat wrote:
dang wrote:

My understanding is that the brick and mortar Ritz is chapter 11, which is debt restructuring as opposed to chapter 7 which is liquidation. I was lead to believe the online was a separate entity. Of course in the past what I have believed and reality sometimes fail to coincide... :roll:

You could easily be right, since I haven't followed the story too closely. But after similar happened with local car dealers, I tend to shy away until things are cleared up. :wink:

prinothcat

Post Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:58 pm

can't argue that sentimaent.

digitsy

Post Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:38 pm

I spent several months debating on which lens to get. I bought -Canon EF 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L IS USM Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras. I would strongly recommend this lens to anyone. The ease of operation and the quality of the results make this a great choice. I like to shoot wildlife and landscapes - this lens is at home doing both. When shooting birds in flight the auto focus works very well with the image stabilazation.

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Canon EF 100-400