Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Sony Cybershot DSCH50B or Canon PowerShot SX10 IS?

Digital Cameras

Sony Cybershot DSCH50B or Canon PowerShot SX10 IS?

kishibm

Sony Cybershot DSCH50B or Canon PowerShot SX10 IS?

Post Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:05 am

Can someone please advise which is the best out of Sony Cybershot DSCH50B and Canon PowerShot SX10 IS. Or is there any other camera better than these two of such type.. Thanks for your advise in advance!

katbird27

Re: Sony Cybershot DSCH50B or Canon PowerShot SX10 IS?

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:57 pm

Hi, I actually purchased both of these cameras and brought them home to compare. I have a Sony DSC H-1 that I have been very happy with. Both of the cameras that you are looking at are great, and take very nice pictures. I ended up keeping the Canon SX10. I really liked the weight and feel of it, and like having the extra zoom. I also like the fact that it uses AA batteries, which if need can be bought any where. I found the Canon a little easier to use to shoot video and play it. It does not have HD however and the Sony does. The Sony has some nice little features, like the remote and a larger screen. I have had the CanonSX10 for a few weeks now, and am very happy with my choice. I do a lot of wildlife photography and I have not been disappointed at all. Good Luck.

kishibm

Post Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:49 am

Thanks for your suggestions. Which one is the best shop to buy for less. 86th Photo & Video shows it for $253.95. While others show for 300+. And also in the same shop I have seen a different rate the other day. Will the price be changing every day.

dang

Post Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:17 am

kishibm wrote:Thanks for your suggestions. Which one is the best shop to buy for less. 86th Photo & Video shows it for $253.95. While others show for 300+. And also in the same shop I have seen a different rate the other day. Will the price be changing every day.

My personal opinion is you can't go wrong with B&H Photo Video, but you might want to check this thread: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19969
:wink:

stayhungry

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:13 pm

I do love Sony Cybershot DSCH50B! :D

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Sony Cybershot DSCH50B or Canon PowerShot SX10 IS?