Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Where is the best place on line to buy?

Digital Cameras

Where is the best place on line to buy?

compton_photographer

Re: Where is the best place on line to buy?

Post Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:25 pm

B&H Photo. You can run all over the place looking to save the last $5, but if you value your time, it is not worth it. I have traded with these guys for years, and they practically always have the very best price, and their service is unparalleled. Slam dunk.

Michael Dougherty
ArkansasWildlifePhotography.com
Michael Dougherty
Compton, Arkansas
http://www.arkansasnaturephotography.com
NW Arkansas Nature Photography

jacksawn

Post Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:44 am

OK.the best place to buy on line is depends upon your acknowledge of diff site.

jack
South Carolina Drug Addiction

mikelong

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:13 am

I buy only from B&H Photo, and have so for the past five years. Prior to this I tried Adorama and had only problems.

madlights

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:41 pm

I agree about B&H...the only time I buy anything from any place else is if B&H doesn't have it...and they do have a lot of stuff.

brandproductions

Post Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:51 am

I've got to second Mikelongs above opinion on Adorama. I got a last minute photo gig and had to order a flash diffuser (I know, I cant believe I didnt have one on hand either). I payed the $40 US to have it shipped overnight only to find out a day later that they were suddenly backordered but were happy to charge the overnight fees for the stuff I placed in the order that I didn't need right away. On the bright side of things I learned how to make a decent homemade flash diffuser. Thank God for Bic pens and wax paper.

Dont have much experience with B&H though as you can see here I've heard nothing but good things.

~Kenny

dougj

Post Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:23 am

Managers at both B&H and Adorama are members of DPreview.com. Periodically someone posts about a problem or issue with a shipment, etc. and they have been very responsive in sorting it out. They both have email addresses as part of their DPR profile, and can be contacted directly if needed.

Henry Posner from B&H
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/postersprofile.asp?poster=hiifixiyhyij

Jerry Davis from Adorama
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/postersprofile.asp?poster=hhimijilheii

helenoster

Post Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:58 am

mikelong wrote:I buy only from B&H Photo, and have so for the past five years. Prior to this I tried Adorama and had only problems.

Dear Mike

I was concerned to read your recent posting; I do appreciate that it can take just the actions of a single employee to affect the reputation of a company such a Adorama.

You may be unaware that during the past 12 months there have been significant changes to the structure within the company, which we believe have resulted in significant improvements to the service Adorama gives to all of our customers.

Added to which, I am available at: helen.oster@adoramacamera.com, to offer individual support to customers, whether related to ordering, shipping, packaging, customer service etc.

My role is to act on behalf of our customers, and ensure that their queries or concerns are attended to without delay. I also feed into the Strategic Management Team, which examines not only how recurring issues are addressed, but also the amendment of guidelines and processes to ensure that these do not re-occur.

Sincerely

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
helen.oster@adoramacamera.com

dougj

Post Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:13 pm

Hi Helen,

Thanks for joining and posting, and welcome to PBase :D

timothyhughes

Post Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:40 pm

I generally check amazon first for gear. B&H, Beach, and Roberts, are all very good.

-TImothy

chardinej

Post Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:43 am

In Canada, I have had great customer service from henrys.com and adencamera.com.

busdriver47

Post Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:25 pm

You might want to check out photoprice.ca

henryp

Post Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:56 am

mikelong wrote:I buy only from B&H Photo, and have so for the past five years.

Thank you.

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video

coffeeaddiction

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:38 am

these guys have good price on Sanyo VPC-HD1010, VPC-CA8 Video Camera, take a look
http://www.warehouse123.com/ProductInfo ... HD1010-BLK
http://www.warehouse123.com/ProductInfo ... VPCCA8-BLK

jay300

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:19 am

crosbyenterprises wrote:Please if you have not used Amazon please try it. They will give the prices of software and equipment from every available source that deals with photography equipment and then you can view other post and even order if you like. I have over $5-10,000 dollars worth of equipment and most of it has come from Amazon and their suppliers. Most of the cameras have come from Ritz camera. I hope this helps the hobbyist like me. I rarely sell my photos i just like to snap everything i see.
1 CENT

um.. more Ritz camera store are closing lately! :(

PreviousNext

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Where is the best place on line to buy?