Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Any Nikon D3 Users here?

Digital Cameras

Any Nikon D3 Users here?

leejungil

Any Nikon D3 Users here?

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:00 pm

Just checking in to se if there is anyone here using the new Nikon D3 DSLR Body? Being a Canon guy I am just currious how you are liking your D3?

Cheers, Jerry

leejungil

D3 & 200MM F/2 VR Update

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:49 pm

Will be here in the AM from Calumet. Samples to follow.

Cheers, Jerry

leejungil

WOW.. What a Combo

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:42 pm

Ok I am a true blue canon man but was hankering for a Nikon and i can say this is the very 1st Nikon unit i ever owned. The D3 and Nikkor200MM F/2 VR. Samples from this combo on request..

Cheers, Jerry

photographybygeorge

Re: Any Nikon D3 Users here?

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:34 pm

The D3 & 200 2.0 VR is one of the very best combo, I am extreme happy :D :D :D

prinothcat

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:54 pm

[quote="photographybygeorge"]The D3 & 200 2.0 VR is one of the very best combo, I am extreme happy :D :D :D

Ok so you do have something to show us. They're nice. To bad they aren't linked back to the source gallery so we can see more. You, unlike the author of this and other lookatmeandmystuff threads, actually use your gear.

leejungil

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:57 am

Hi George, Great shots and thanks for sharing your fantastic pictures. I just got my new D3 and 200mm F/2 VR Combo and just getting the feel for it. Owning also the Canon 1dsmk3 and ef200mm f/2 l is there is quite a bit of a learning curve when picking up a new type of system. From what all i have gathered so far, this is quite a stellar combo. Again thanks for sharing your nice pictures..

Cheers, Jerry in NW Ohio

Just tons of "Equipment"...! :) :mrgreen:

photographybygeorge

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:09 am

prinothcat wrote:
photographybygeorge wrote:The D3 & 200 2.0 VR is one of the very best combo, I am extreme happy :D :D :D

Ok so you do have something to show us. They're nice. To bad they aren't linked back to the source gallery so we can see more. You, unlike the author of this and other lookatmeandmystuff threads, actually use your gear.

Yes i have thousands of nice photos and I did not finish loading all of them . And yes i do use my gear and i hope you do the same.

photographybygeorge

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:11 am

bulbmogul wrote:Hi George, Great shots and thanks for sharing your fantastic pictures. I just got my new D3 and 200mm F/2 VR Combo and just getting the feel for it. Owning also the Canon 1dsmk3 and ef200mm f/2 l is there is quite a bit of a learning curve when picking up a new type of system. From what all i have gathered so far, this is quite a stellar combo. Again thanks for sharing your nice pictures..

Cheers, Jerry in NW Ohio

Just tons of "Equipment"...! :) :mrgreen:

Can you test the VR Vs IS ?

Thanks
George

mikelong

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:29 pm

photographybygeorge wrote:
prinothcat wrote:
photographybygeorge wrote:The D3 & 200 2.0 VR is one of the very best combo, I am extreme happy :D :D :D

Yes i have thousands of nice photos and I did not finish loading all of them . And yes i do use my gear and i hope you do the same.

You use your gear quite well, VERY impressive shots. I'm into minimal gear, do you have any thoughts on D3 vs. D700? It's time to upgrade and my wife will be at BH PHoto in NY on Friday, the current order is for Nikon D700, Nikon 17-35 f/2.8 and 50mm f/1.8. I already own the 70-200 f/2.8VR. Should I switch to to Canon instead? Landscapes and climbing action - no birds, insects or other little stuff.
Mike
Last edited by mikelong on Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

photographybygeorge

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:01 pm

The reason why I bought the D3 instead of the D700 is the built in vertical grip quick access to menus the crop mode i use a lot for portraits and the double CF cards for the kind important work i do to be safe .

The D700 will do the same if you do just landscapes .
For lenses i prefer the super Nikon 24mm PC-E , the very very very ultra sharp 14-24 and the super sharp 24-70 .

For 50mm I like the zeiss macro the quality of this lens is something more than super.

Forget the 17-35 & 50mm 1.8 good lenses but old.

For a print size my pro epson printer 17 inches wide is fine with my D3 and i can print even bigger files .

Anyway i like nikon cameras for the superior lenses.

I suggest to get for now the D700 - 24-70 - 14-24 & zeiss 50mm macro .You will cover from 14mm too 200 with your 70-200 .

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Any Nikon D3 Users here?