Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Capacitor for Oly C750 uz

Digital Cameras

Capacitor for Oly C750 uz

oldnicktoo

Capacitor for Oly C750 uz

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:47 am

I have seen the tute here about renewing the capacitor for the above camera, but I was wondering where I could get the actual part. Olympus Spares in Australia say it's a part of the mainboard and not available as a part.

Can anyone help with a pointer?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

oldnicktoo

Re: Capacitor for Oly C750 uz

Post Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:31 am

hmmmmm...ooookkaaay!

dang

Re: Capacitor for Oly C750 uz

Post Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:27 am

Sorry, I was hoping someone had another answer... guess not?
If Oly doesn't sell the part, your only option is probably to purchase it from an electronics store. Here in the US we have "Radio Shack", and similar type shops which carry generic parts of this type. You'll need to know the capacitor ratings, which should be marked on it. If not, maybe check with a local camera repair center to see what they say. Many companies won't readily display the capacitor information, since they consider them dangerous for consumers to work with. Capacitors can hold a charge, and larger ones can give quite a shock. Others are so small its easy to burn the circuit boards "contact strips", making replacement near impossible.
And, of course, replace at own risk. Shops usually won't warranty parts working properly (or resulting damages) when installed by users.

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Capacitor for Oly C750 uz