Board index Equipment Digital Cameras how to clean sensor

Digital Cameras

how to clean sensor

znhcl

how to clean sensor

Post Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:43 pm

hi all, i have a d40x. and i just get the sensor clean profesionaly. but i find that it is to expencive to clean it profesionaly every time. this is my first dslr. so i dont know much about it. could some one tell me the instruction on how to clean the sensor? or may be the link to it? and what cleaning kit should i get?

thx you very much for the help here

dang

Re: how to clean sensor

Post Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:55 pm

sheila

Post Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:15 am

An alternative would be to go to this site http://www.pbase.com/copperhill/ccd_cleaning and buy some Eclipse fluid and a SensorSwipe and follow Nicholas' instructions.

Cheers
Sheila
Sheila Smart
Canon 5D Mark III; 17-40L; 24-70 f/2.8L; 70-300 f.4-5.6 L USM; 135 f/2L; 100 f/2.8 macro; 8-15 f/4 L fisheye

Blog: http://sheilasmartphotography.blogspot.com/

znhcl

Post Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:46 pm

tq tq for al the feedback. i have bought the magis swab, the eclibs e2ang a leg blower. i work great. i tried it for my self. and it is very easy. recommant to every one. very very easy.

crisscross

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:28 pm

you lot must have different dust from mine!! The sensor dust is the one bad feature of my D80 and have tried most forms of (affordable) dry and wet cleaning in the list and now only hope to minimise rather than eradicate.

Has anyone experience of Arctic Butterfly (high tech charged brush) which I have balked at the price of after 2 other kits being waste of time? But not to say it was not where I should have started rather than CopperHill. BTW i use to think on previous 350D that that had sorted it, but now I am re-editing using Nikon Capture and reckon to get every cloud edge as well as the landscape below, I realise it wasn't as clean as I thought.

BTW I was also more than a little horrified at the casual way those guys on the U-tube videos were about opening up and leaving inside exposed for long periods and in the case of the 1st one featured shoving the lens back on without a thought about what might have got on that in the open car boot.

Also does using the 80-400VR lens which uses the motor in the camera cause more dust and/or sensor charge up?

Chris

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras how to clean sensor