Board index Equipment Digital Cameras EOS1DSMK3 Help..

Digital Cameras

EOS1DSMK3 Help..

leejungil

EOS1DSMK3 Help..

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:43 pm

We just ordered our new 1DSMK3 this am and need to get a CF Card for it. I am thinking along the lines of the 8GB Extreme4 UDMA for it and currious if others with the 1DSMK3 are using the same CF Card?

PS..The new 1DSMK3 should be here early AM on Thursday and want to order a card right away..

Cheers, Jerry in NW Ohio

turboman36

Re: EOS1DSMK3 Help..

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:48 pm

I don't have the EOS1DSMK3 but i bet your files will be quite large!
I got the Transcend 16GB Compact Flash (CF) Flash Card Model TS16GCF300 from newegg.com
It support Ultra DMA and woks great on my MK3.

dougj

Post Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:34 pm

You can check the Rob Galbraith database for actual CF/SD measured performance.

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/camera_multi_page.asp?cid=6007-9256

khun_k

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:15 am

yes, I use several of them and they are very good. I use them since last June when first available in the market with my digital backs, and also with 1Ds MK2 and now 1Ds MK3, very reliable and fast. Because Canon 1Ds MK3 has a large buffer, I use Extreme III and IV often not finding much different, for the way I shoot - not super fast, BUT (a big BUT) with digital back, which I shoot at its maximum speed (1.2 second/frame, with my Phase One P45+ and Hasselblad H3D39), I can tell a big difference between Extreme IV and III once the buffer well filled, the Extreme IV allow a much faster shooting speed than the Extreme III. So the conclusion is that if you are not a fast gun type of shooter, maximum 8-10 frame per 20-30 seconds, Extreme III may just do fine, but if you look into using the cards for future release of cameras then Extreme IV may be a better investment, it does not cost that much more than the Extreme III.

leejungil

1DSMK3 Update.

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Thanks everyone for your input. Just got the card and camera this am and it works just fine in it. Again thanks..

Happy in Ohio with a 1DSMK3

Jerry

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras EOS1DSMK3 Help..