Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Need some help with Photoshop CS3

Photo Editing Software

Need some help with Photoshop CS3

mnoble

Need some help with Photoshop CS3

Post Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:51 am

Yesterday I bought Scott Kelby's book, "Photoshop CS3 for Photographers." I like his books and style of teaching. In the section that deals with Adobe Camera RAW, he goes into the Detail section and addresses sharpening in ACR.

The controls that are shown and described in the book include Amount, Clarity, Radius, and Masking - just like in Adobe Lightroom. However, in my Photoshop CS3 (bought last week) there is only one slider for Sharpening - that's it. I checked and my version is the latest. I even installed a Patch and the newest ACR plug-in.

So, I am wondering what's up. Anyone have any ideas? :?:

trimoon

Re: Need some help with Photoshop CS3

Post Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:28 pm

You need to click on the detail icon.
Steve

Trimoon's Blog
http://asnailpace.com/blog

ndigi

Post Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:12 am

mnoble, I also have that book.
In one of his lessons, I discovered that my ACR version is 4.0 while Scott Kelby's version is 4.2. There are certain functions that are not available in version 4.0. Can any tell me where and how I can upgrade my ACR version.
Thanks.

jeff_edwards_tx

Post Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:17 am

It is better to leave sharpening till your last step in processing. Sharpening introduces noise and the effects of sharpening are decreased during many post processing steps, especially image resizing. When you determine final output size and complete your image editing and sizing for print or web, you will typically be past working with the file in a RAW state. Use photoshop's unsharp mask feature with levels=0; radius=.3 and percent to vary depending image but typically 100 to 300%, usually in the middle.

soulfulimpressions

Post Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:14 am

jeff_edwards_tx wrote:It is better to leave sharpening till your last step in processing. Sharpening introduces noise and the effects of sharpening are decreased during many post processing steps, especially image resizing. When you determine final output size and complete your image editing and sizing for print or web, you will typically be past working with the file in a RAW state. Use photoshop's unsharp mask feature with levels=0; radius=.3 and percent to vary depending image but typically 100 to 300%, usually in the middle.

what jeff said i agree

Board index Equipment Photo Editing Software Need some help with Photoshop CS3