Board index Other Travel Mont Datuk

Travel

Mont Datuk

henrychiah

Mont Datuk

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:23 pm

Gunung Datuk also know as Bukit Datuk, Gunung Rembau and Gunung Datuk Rembau. It is located in Kampung Batang Nyamor, Gadung, Hutan Lipur Gunung Datuk, Rembau, Negeri Sembilan. It is a favourite place for nature lovers and adventure seekers.

It take you 2-3 hours to the peak of 880 metres above the sea level in such a short time, you can expect that the route should actually quite steep. Made sure you are physically and mentally prepared for the challenging climb.
The summit is really on top of huge granite rock. The peak offers a splendid full 360 degree spectacular and impressive display of panaroma view of the entire state. You can see the all Seremban town and even Straits of Mallacca on a clear good day.

The trail is clear and straightforward all the way to the peak. No muddy ground, tall trees and bushy. The first 10 minutes are relatively gentle and easier hike.You will across a small stream (actually is a low terrain with some water) which you can walk across without getting wet. After this, my advice to the hiker (especially those who like to do hiking photography) take your time and take a very very deep breath before you continue your journey. The following path will be 70 - 80 degrees hike for the journey of one and half hours. It was really physically and mentally tiring and torture. It really deliberately causing severe muscle pain to keep continue on the trail, some more with the heavy camera gear (So you must be fit!).

You will reach a platform where there are a 2 small broken hut. Fill yourself will enough water and energy bar there. Get some nice group photos over here. Cheer for youself that you manage to overcome the 70 - 80 degrees trail. For the next half an hour path will be 30 - 40 degrees upslope. The trail quite enjoyable, cool and relaxing. There are some area that you need a team work to get up. Try and some as much as you can over the hiking action, team work pictures.

Another half and hour, after a big rock wall, you will reach a plain, a little lower than the summit. This is a place for hiker to camp there. After this will the final part - two storeys high rock wall before the summit!!! A metal rusty ladder with a rope and that was how all the hiker climb up with careful handheld and footware to the summit. It is ... HAHA!!! i think i have to end the story here, because i didn't go up to the peak. Because it is too horrible for me (such a big size like me).

Getting There & Away:

It is easily accessible from North-South Highway. Take exit "Pedas/Linggi", turn left immediate after the toll towards Tampin on the trunk road. Follow the signboard "Gunung Datuk" Go all the way to round-a-bout and take 12 o'clock exit to Pedas town. Countinue along the road until you come to the traffic lights at the end of the road. Take a right turn. Keep going forward and you will notice a Gunung Datuk signboard. Take the left turn and move on for 4KM. Keep on eye on your left, there will be a junction to the left. Turn left and yopu will passby a rubber estate. Go until you reach a "Y" junction and turn left. Follow the way and you will see a big "KERIS". Here you are the Gunung Datuk.

Fees:

Treking and camping fee is RM3.00 per person

[/url]

Board index Other Travel Mont Datuk