Board index PBase Show and Tell A Visual Journey Through Bodie Ghost Town

Show and Tell

A Visual Journey Through Bodie Ghost Town

Announce and discuss your photos.
zeroscan

A Visual Journey Through Bodie Ghost Town

Post Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:21 pm

Please visit my latest image collection of Bodie ghost town & tell me what you think. Thanks!

http://www.pbase.com/zeroscan/bodie

lwsog

Post Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:48 pm

Excellent gallery of Bodie. Its a facinating place, isn't it? Your choice of b&w was inspired. Very dramatic skies, great compositions. I have a few shots from Bodie in my sierras gallery. Unfortunately, I only spent a few mid-afternoon hours there. I'll have to make it back there one of these days...

zeroscan

Post Sat Aug 30, 2003 3:55 pm

Thanks for the kind words. THat place is a photographer's heaven!

I just added 5 new photographs (mostly interiors) to the gallery.

pnd1

Post Fri Sep 05, 2003 6:12 pm

Just discovered this gallery. It is a moving interpretation of another time and place. Bodie is apparently a unique example of a long forgotten town that has been suspended in a state of "arrested decay" for many years. I went to several websites devoted to this ghost town, and looked at the pictures they show. They are just pictures of old buildings. Your images, on the other hand, make me feel as I've been there. They are truly haunting, Ray. I had a similar experience last summer, visiting the town of Kennecott, Alaska -- a an old mining complex that has also been preserved in a state of "arrested decay". In my pictures, I tried to do what you have done -- take viewers back in time and make them feel the essence of the place and the time. You can see seven of these pictures in my Alaska story on worldisround.com (http://www.worldisround.com/articles/12057/index.html).

Thanks again, Ray, for sharing this remarkable gallery with us.

Board index PBase Show and Tell A Visual Journey Through Bodie Ghost Town