Board index Equipment Digital Cameras New Canon 300D is going to shake things up.

Digital Cameras

New Canon 300D is going to shake things up.

sultanofschwag

New Canon 300D is going to shake things up.

Post Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:06 pm

The new Canon 300D is the first DSLR with a sub $1K price. I knew eventually, DSLRs would dip below $1K, but I didn't realized how soon. Now Nikon and pals will have to follow Canon's lead. The consumer benefits!

For the serious photographer, an interchangeable lens body/system is a more attractive option as it provides a coherent upgrade path and allows him to preserve his investment in the lenses.

I love the Digital Age!

havoc

Re: New Canon 300D is going to shake things up.

Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:51 pm

I'm excited. My Dad's gonna order one next month. Until I got my 10D three weeks ago, he was still committed to film (He was going to upgrade from his Canon *F1* to a 1v until last week). He's gonig to get a Digital Rebel for now, then give it to Mom when he's ready to step up to a 1D or 1Ds.

That's a pretty big step for a 60 year old photography enthusiast who's still shooting Canon's first Pro SLR -- all manual!

I'm looking forward to Nikon's response. This is going to be good. (I just feel sorry for all those Nikon enthusiasts who will have a good reason to be stuck with Nikor's inferior lenses! -- Did I tell you I'm biased?)

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras New Canon 300D is going to shake things up.