Board index Equipment Digital Cameras 10D Focus

Digital Cameras

10D Focus

dannyshoots

10D Focus

Post Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:16 pm

I have had my 10D about a month. I too have noticed that the focus doesn't seem as sharp as it should be. Nothing close to the Olympus E-10 I've used. So what is Canon doing about it? Where can I send or take my camera? :(

bobtrips

Post Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:34 pm

Canon seems to have shipped some problem cameras. They also seem to be fixing them. Check with your dealer.

And check the Canon SLR Talk forum at http://www.dpreview.com.

dinotech

Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:27 pm

I set the contrast, sharpness and saturation one button to the + side on my 10D. I like the results better and I don't have to edit as many shots afterwards.

abwhitt

Post Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:57 pm

dinotech wrote:I set the contrast, sharpness and saturation one button to the + side on my 10D. I like the results better and I don't have to edit as many shots afterwards.

I've only had my 10D about a fortnight,and was put off a bit by all the scaremongering about the focus problem. I have read a great deal, and the general consensus of opinion is not to sharpen in camera, do it after in Photoshop, or whatever you use. Forget the seven point focusing, just use the centre point. I'm completely new to DSLR, and I'm very pleased with my 10D. Some early shots here.
http://www.pbase.com/abwhitt/10d
Regards
Frank

jseah

Post Tue Aug 26, 2003 2:31 am

you need to keep in mind that the 10D programming by default softens the pictures much more than the typical P&S digitals on the market.

havoc

Post Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:48 pm

dinotech wrote:I set the contrast, sharpness and saturation one button to the + side on my 10D. I like the results better and I don't have to edit as many shots afterwards.

I just changed the settings on "Set 1," and made that my default program. I hope you don't mind if I blame you for ALL of my bad shots after this! ;)

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras 10D Focus