Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Dishonest Online Store - Bestpricecameras.com

Digital Cameras

Dishonest Online Store - Bestpricecameras.com

fixx

Re: This store blows D@#K!!!!!!

Post Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:12 pm

srijith wrote:
fixx wrote: This thread is a perfect example of why a "where to buy online?" post like the following: http://forum.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?t=19969 ...should be a sticky.

Have made that a sticky. Hopefully it will not attract too many spam advert. posts

Thanks for listening. Spam is unfortunately a real problem, but I'm hoping with all the posts in one place we can look thru them all and see what the majority of members think, like and dislike.

dang

Post Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:18 am

I agree, I think it's a great thread. :wink:

aymariano

Post Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:46 am

I experienced the same thing. I was buying canon 20d and they let me call to confirm my order and the guy on the other line is pushing me to get the different lens that I ordered. They are very rude. Threated me with my credit card since they got the number already. After I hang up on them I immediately called my credit card company to change my number and block this merchant. Do we have a system here in the US to get to these guys?

gillettecraig

Post Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:31 pm

"Get these guys?" No. This is a long-standing problem area. However, outside of being seemingly overt swindles, nobody is getting killed and left on the streets and they aren't competing with either politicians or drug gangs for the dollars, so it's unlikely anythng permanent is going to happen from a legal or illegal authority in New York.

(Of course, if one could somehow get it injected in the New York senatorial race....)

techdealer

same experience as with BEST CHOICE DIGITAL

Post Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:27 pm

Best Price or Best Choice ... there is no difference. Be aware of fraudulent business.

I have spent 1200 US$ about 16 month ago. I paid for a Fuji S3 pro after receiving kind of an invoice from Kevin or Greg at Best Choice Digital in Brooklyn. As my payment came from Switzerland it was a wire transfer.

Few month later they went out of business not answering any mail or phone call since month.

Best Choice digital had the same behaviour: low price offers, call to confirm, push to buy accessories and every time you have a sales rep on the phone he has another name, did not know about the order and did not respond in time.

Police did not even open a case.

DO NOT TRY TO BUY AT UNBELIEVABLE PRICES at such shops.

Erhart

bendar

BestPriceCameras Scam

Post Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:13 am

I ordered a camera lens (Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG APO for $519) from BestPriceCameras.com 1938 McDonald Ave Brooklyn, NY 11223 and got a email that it would take 2 days to be processed. Two days later I got a email that I needed to call to confirm the order.

When I called I was told that the warranty that came with the system was only a 7 day from the shipper. I was asked to purchase a 1 year warranty along with several other items.

Later I called back with a few of my own questions, and was told that there was probably some miscommunication. A 1 year warranty comes from bestpricecameras.com not the Mfg., but for $50 I could buy a warranty from Sigma. Their website clearly says the item is New and comes with a US Warranty. According to Sigma that means 1 year world wide warranty + 3 year extended US warranty.

wolfeye

Re: slurve30

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:14 pm

Oh really? And I suppose that you thought YOU were the smart one eh, that only YOU found this GREAT price! Everyone else must be SUCH a FOOL to buy from high-priced stores like Adorama, B&H, 17th Street photo eh?

You called us a fool before making one of yourself.

dhag wrote:i really can't see the point of that post - does it make you feel better about yourself? smarter than the rest of us? rubbing it in? sorry but i don't get it ... if it's a warning it's an awfully condiscending way to do it.

some of us made mistakes and we're here letting people know about our experience so they 1) can avoid making the same mistake or 2) how to deal with these crooks once it's happened. but for you to come on and into question people sensibility at this point is offensive and will only discourage future posts aimed to help others ...

not to mention the fact your assumptions as to why people order online and what research they do is just plain wrong.

so let me conclude by saying your welcome, glad you can crow at the expense of others, hope you feel good about yourself.

ihor

Mandatory websites for all potential buyers.

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:53 pm

resellerratings dot com
and of course don wiss' obligatory pictures.
http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/

chuck38

Post Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:15 am

All of you who had bad experience with bestpricecameras.com may want to file a complain with the Better Business Bureau at http://www.bbb.org
The more we are the more chance an action ill be taken.
I just did as I had a familiar fallout.

horsegoggles

Samys camera

Post Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:35 pm

Samy's Camera is in CA is a great company to do business with. Easily equal to B&H or Adorama. Customer satisfaction is very important to them. Bought my D70 and D200 from them. :D

kapman78

Scam the Scammers

Post Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:44 pm

When you think about it of course these guys are going to try and upsell you. They are selling you a camera for dirt cheap. I saved 250 bucks on a D50 through bestpricecameras.com. I called them up and told them I already have everything for the camera and he was very friendly. The only part I didnt like was the 4 week wait, but then again I'm saving 250 bucks. The rest of the parts I shopped around for and got dirt cheap at other online stores. This is just how the business world operates. However, if they are getting an attitude and using forceful upselling then there is a real problem and they should be shut down or hacked down.

eyegotcha

Bestpricecameras is a Dishonest Operation

Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:48 pm

I made an order on line for a Canon 5D (great Price) it was supposed to be $2,148.00. We were interested in purchasing a package deal which included a couple of lenses. The price quoted on the check-out screen was around $3,200.00 I got a call a couple of days later to confirm the order and then try to up-sell. When I told them I was not interested in any additional items or warranties, the tone changed quickly. They said OK the confirmed sales price was $4,600.00. I said that doesn't sound correct, let me check my records. I looked and told them that we had a price of $3,200.00. Then I was told that was the price after the rebate. I was somewhat confused at that point and pulled up their website again to look at the price on line. I was told to look at the Help section and read the fine print where it did say that all prices quoted were after manufacturer rebate. I told them that was deceptive and not interested in purchasing from them and to cancel the order. I then sent them a confirming email cancelling the order.

I checked a couple of more websites and called and got the same guy on the phone. When I asked if their price was before or after the rebate they just hung up on me.

Beware and do your homework!

jim_panzee

Post Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:14 am

As we are an International web site, I thought I had better add to this post.

There are maybe one or more online companies trading under the name of Bestprice shop in different Countries. I know of one in Austria for instance http://www.bestpreisshop.at/ who I and many others have done online business with in the past for photographic equipment, and received excellent customer service.

I think to avoid any confusion and misunderstanding, posts like this need to detail the address (City, Country, etc), of the particular shop in question, something which was not done by bendjy the originator of this post.

No, I do not work for Bestprice shop Austria.
JimP.

"So little time, so much to do, so many places to visit".

jpwhite

Broadway Photo are the same

Post Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:54 am

Broadway photo (bwayphoto dot com) use the same high pressure sales tactics. I purchased a camera there over 4 years ago. Had to call to 'verify' information. The guy put pressure to buy more stuff, but I was firm with my no thanks and got the camera quickly and at a good price.

Yeah many of these NY camera stores are high pressure and use the internet to lure the unsuspecting. Dirty tactics but not illegal in my book as long as they deliver as promised in the ad.

I have read elsewhere Broadway boost their ratings on shopping comparison sites with false ad-a-boys. Now that's a little less legal if true.

Broadway don't fess up to a physical address.

edwindjb

BestPriceCameras.com - beware!

Post Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:56 pm

Thanks to the guy who posted the BBB link. I made a complaint. Take a look at the BBB rating for this piece of work.
http://tinyurl.com/y2hyjc.

-edj

PreviousNext

Board index Equipment Digital Cameras Dishonest Online Store - Bestpricecameras.com