Board index PBase Show and Tell Macros of the captive sea.

Show and Tell

Macros of the captive sea.

Announce and discuss your photos.
slowboat

Macros of the captive sea.

Post Sun Oct 12, 2003 5:24 pm

New macro photography galleries of corals that I keep in my reef tank.

http://www.pbase.com/slowboat/glows_of_actinic
http://www.pbase.com/slowboat/acrotank

Comments and critiques are welcome.

scotthop

Post Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:12 pm

cool stuff...some of those have that alien plant surface feel to them...great job

slowboat

Post Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:01 am

Scott, thanks for the comments. Always nice to have two hobbies that go well together. :)

minoltaman

Post Tue Oct 14, 2003 2:10 am

Rootin tootin shootin I say Slowboat! Very good stuff mate. I have shot african cichlids for 4 years now and really enjoyed cruising some of your stuff and noted so in your guestbook. Have a good night and happy shooting.

slowboat

Post Wed Oct 15, 2003 2:52 am

Don, thanks for the comments. I am really enjoying having a reef tank, always something new to photograph. Plus a great challenge dealing with all the lighting conditions and tonal ranges.

Before this I had kept cichlids for 10 years. Those fish had the greatest personalities. Of course the favorites where a pair of Oscars that I raised, messy but great pets.

minoltaman

Post Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:17 am

Slowboat....Nice to hear you have kept cichlids. I started with Oscars about a dozen years ago and have been breeding 13 strains of Africans and countless new hybred species for the last nine or so years. I currently do 23 tanks of Lake Malawi fish. Mostly pretty expensive peacocks and haps. Luminesent, flourecent, and have built some pretty nice lighting rigs to illuminate the superfast Malawi fish for photographing. I have taken around 33,000 fish pics over the years. I wish I could shoot something that stayed still in the tough light for a change. I dumped the dirty oscars when one jumped out of it's tank into my wall and I had to rip the end of my wall apart to get him out. I am currently looking to sell off about 750 of my 1200 fish. Any buyers?

My personal favorites are Ahlis, Lemon Jakes, OB peacocks and the Red Empresses. Have a good night.

Board index PBase Show and Tell Macros of the captive sea.