Eye opening
33%
Just there...
67%

Total votes : 3

thpproductions

Fire-EMS-Law Enforcement photos

Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:34 am

Ok, Before I give the link to my gallery I want to make this disclaimer and "explain" myself before I get any hate email.

1. Some Images in my gallery especially the MVA gallery show some graphic images of car accidents. But NO rotten.com type images.

2. I am a photographer for the Fire Dept. So I am "supposed to be there.

3. These images are mainly used for FD training and publications, but are also used to show the general public what Fire-Rescue sees everyday. Sort of an inside glimpse of emergency services.

4. The images of the secret service and the whitehouse are NOT illegal, and I had permision from the SS sgt. So please no hate emails on that ( i have had many)

Finnally please enjoy images from my Tampa Based photography!

http://www.pbase.com/thpproductions

parklifer

Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:10 am

I don't find the stuff particularly gruesome but then I spend enough time taking pictures of the gruesome myself. It's never the best assignment but they have to be done although at least "having to be there" means you avoid the grief that the press photographer gets. The last fatal crash I attended (on a notorious stretch of dual carriageway) resulted in a policeman losing his cool totally and screaming (across the two lanes of crashed vehicles) that I was scum, without a conscience and someone happy to profit from death and despair. The Fire Service who were working hard to rescue casualties were fine. They wanted a record of the event if only to keep reminding people of the effects of driving like maniacs just asked me to avoid touching or moving any debris. The irony of all this being that my newspaper was tipped off about the crash by the Police!

I can't imagine any professional actually ENJOYING the sight of someone dying by the side of the road. But although these pictures are in my portfolio I'm still not sure that I'd want to share them on here.

thpproductions

Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:41 pm

Oh Yeah I forgot to mention, I also String for the local newspapers, but I always self censor my images before transmitting to the newspapers. For the most part the newspapers are not there to show gruesome things, they are just doing their jobs..... showing the news..... well let me put it this way REAL LIFE!

Luis

Board index PBase Show and Tell Fire-EMS-Law Enforcement photos