Board index PBase Show and Tell Check out my bugs

Show and Tell

Check out my bugs

Announce and discuss your photos.
mccphoto

Check out my bugs

Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:48 am

Hi Everyone.

Just put some very hi res digital shots into a folder called bugs.

Just wanted some feedback before I load a few more.

I have placed quite large jpegs in the folder and also wanted to know if they are OK for viewing or should I make them a bit smaller.

Taken with Coolpix 990, D100 and EOS 1Ds.

Be gentle :D

http://www.pbase.com/mccphoto/bugs
Last edited by mccphoto on Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

agamid

Post Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:42 pm

I'm new here so take what I say with a grain of salt. It doesn't appear to much matter what size file you upload unless the viewer looks at the "original" image. The other sizes are automatically scaled down. For example, your harlequin bugs original is 4064 x 2704 pixels - a 2.83 mbyte file. If you ask for the large it's reduced to 800 x 532 for a 70.3 k download and so on. Since few people will look at the original (because it won't fit on their screens) you are only wasting your allotted storage by sending a a hi-res image. Further, a hi res image is more tempting to a would-be thief who could make a lovely print of it if he wanted to. If that's OK with you then fine but it seems to me that for 99% of viewers, something lower res will do. If anyone wan'ts fuller res, then they can contact you to make arrangements which are to your liking. You can also post more pictures this way.

Cheers, A.J.

PS: As I type this an ugly specimen of Atrax (versutus in this case) is staring at me from the top of my monitor but she is inside a solid perspex paper weight and that's where she belongs!

Board index PBase Show and Tell Check out my bugs