Board index PBase Show and Tell 668th Show & Tell Competition: Gill Kopy favorites - WINNER

Show and Tell

668th Show & Tell Competition: Gill Kopy favorites - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
kzaret

jolka

Post Sat May 06, 2023 10:27 pm

Gill Kopy unfortunately passed away in early April, 2023. Gill was an active participant in the PBase Show & Tell contests and frequently visited and commented on our pictures. This week's theme was about remembering Gill through her choices in our work and her own.

In the spirit of this week's contest, I am not choosing one photographer's work over the other. Instead, I chose one of the three images that each person uploaded, where the image had a special resonance for me.

As for who runs next week's contest, I hereby decree that the last person to enter this one, Jola D., gets that honor!!!

Thank you for entering and viewing these images. I am traveling the next few weeks and will have to join you later.

Jarek's lovely window and inhabitant:

Hugh's cool use of the infrared:

When I first saw this image among Walter's entries, I thought it was a Gill Kopy because of the interesting composition and photoshopping style. Then I read Walter's label and, aha! he chose her images to display. Lovely choice here:

Nice shot of aliens invading from space from Arnie:

I am a sucker for reflection abstract shots like this one from Allen Hart:

This is a nice rendering of a detail most people would walk past, selected by Gill from Margaret Lew's work:

Artful work from Jola D., recognized by Gill:

Board index PBase Show and Tell 668th Show & Tell Competition: Gill Kopy favorites - WINNER