Board index PBase Show and Tell 630th Show & Tell Competition: All About MUSIC - WINNER

Show and Tell

630th Show & Tell Competition: All About MUSIC - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
cjphipps_servo

630th Show & Tell Competition: All About MUSIC - WINNER

Post Tue May 10, 2022 10:04 pm

Thanks very much each one of you for participating. I've enjoyed seeing such a variety of photos depicting music in some form; quite a variety. I posted this earlier but it never materialized so this is a second attempt. First Place was an easy choice for me although others were stand-outs on varying levels. Jola's portrait of the soulful singer with the appearance of the moon in the background is stunning, emotive, dramatic; a simple pose, yet strong in expression. Love it!!!

Honorable Mentions
Walter's Gallows Humor is a standout for originality of theme and composition.

Jarek's, "Mississipi John Hunt, although a painting is outstanding in focus, pov, and clarity.

Gill's Harmonica Player, Petes Band, captures the heart, intensity of feeling music generates.

Luxun54, Around the Town, Arles, Provence features a unique person, and such an interesting setup; great textures and pov.

Third Place, again Jola has shared a strong portrait, neck vein buldging, eyes moved by the music; wonderful!

Second Place, Margaret's outdoor musician--Schumann's Papillons in the Park, is sunny, enthusiastic, colorful and enhanced with the inclusion of the child.

First Place, Jola,'s Fatuma binti Baraka aka Bi Kidude, believed to have been born in 1910.

luxun54

Re: 630th Show & Tell Competition: All About MUSIC - WINNER

Post Wed May 11, 2022 1:15 am

Thanks for the HM, great winning photo!

gillk

Post Wed May 11, 2022 5:18 am

What a fun topic - love that winning shot ! - congrats to the other winners - and a big thanks for an HM.
Gill

jarekm

Post Wed May 11, 2022 11:08 am

Congratulations to the winners and thank you for the HM.

When I found this mural, initially I did not know who had been depicted on it, but after some web searching, I discovered it was Mississippi John Hurt, and as a bonus, it connected me with his beautiful songs.

jolka

Post Wed May 11, 2022 11:31 pm

Thank you very much, Carol, for the 1st and 3rd place to my photos, I feel honored. Congratulations to all the winners.

mclew

Post Thu May 12, 2022 12:57 am

Thanks very much for 2nd place! Pianos in the park was a lot of fun, for all the pianists and us who just went to listen.
Margaret

Board index PBase Show and Tell 630th Show & Tell Competition: All About MUSIC - WINNER