Board index PBase Show and Tell 619th Show & Tell Competition: Macro and Close-Ups: Flowers and Plants - WINNER

Show and Tell

619th Show & Tell Competition: Macro and Close-Ups: Flowers and Plants - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
ddecroix

peterschmidtab

Post Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:18 am

Hi everyone, thank you so much for your submissions.
It was so hard so choose, I enlisted my young daughter for help!
Please forgive the uneducated comments, I tried to explain what drove me / us to each of your photos

Honorable mentions

From Markus - love the contrast, geometry and dynamism of the thistle, great idea to use B&W here

From Ken - vivid colours, great composition, strengthened by the dark natural lines

3rd place: from Walter - superb shot, great use of the DOP and a very dynamic composition

2nd place: from Allen - an amazing shot, great example of the transformation that occurs when zooming in on some plants.
This could be at first sight a field crossed by a road or a channel, or a great abstract. Loved it, it was more a 1st ex-aequo than a 2nd place.

1st place: the Lily from Arnie - so delicate, with a great use of DOP, vivid colours and unexpected composition. Fantastic.

Over to you Arnie.
All the best.
Dave

cjphipps_servo

Re: 619th Show & Tell Competition: Macro and Close-Ups: Flowers and Plants - WINNER

Post Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:24 am

Congratulations to Arnie and all.

irislynx

Re: 619th Show & Tell Competition: Macro and Close-Ups: Flowers and Plants - WINNER

Post Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:49 am

congrats to the winner and placements!

allen_hart

Post Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:06 am

Thanks for the second place.

Congratulations to all the winners.

gillk

Post Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:30 am

Congrats Arnie - love all the winning shots !
Gill

kzaret

Post Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:42 am

Great topic thanks. congrats to the winner for a beautiful macro revealing tiny droplets. thanks for the HM.

peterschmidtab

Post Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:11 pm

Thank you very much for the honor. Congratulations to the other winners. Thanks to all who entered their beautiful and interesting photos. I'll get to work on the next theme.
Arnie

amoxtli

Post Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:33 pm

Good choice of topic. Congratulations to all who participated. I liked the variety of images. Thank you for Third Place!
Regards, Walter
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

Board index PBase Show and Tell 619th Show & Tell Competition: Macro and Close-Ups: Flowers and Plants - WINNER