Board index PBase Show and Tell 613th Show & Tell Competition: Steps and Stairs - WINNER

Show and Tell

613th Show & Tell Competition: Steps and Stairs - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
lambsfeathers

jolka

Post Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:28 am

Thank you for showing me your steps and stairs. There was more variety in the entries than I expected. How is somebody meant to judge photographs? Would it look good hanging on my wall? Does it demonstrate the photographer's skill/perceptiveness/good fortune? Does it make we wish I had been there and taken the photograph? I hope my own prejudices aren't too obvious.
I particularly liked and highly commend the three very different pictures from Jeff B.
And David DeCroix's Great Wall, because it has such a different feel to it compared to all the thousands of ordinary pictures taken there.

Third place to Robin Lew's Sunset on the Arena

Second place to Gill Kopy's slightly creepy staircase, which had to overcome my prejudice about fussing around with a perfectly good photograph in the name of art. I'd hang it on my wall.

By contrast, and in accordance with my prejudice, first place to jolka's utterly simple and beautiful stairs in a pigeon house. I'd hang that on my wall too.

gillk

Re: 613th Show & Tell Competition: Steps and Stairs - WINNER

Post Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:49 am

Wow ! a big thanks for 2nd place - with so many great entries, much honoured :) and congrats to the other winners - great topic !
Gill

kzaret

Post Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:32 pm

Nice to have an unusual topic! Great job to the winners, congrats!

jolka

Post Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:19 pm

Thank you for the first place in this contest of many great photos. Congrats to all winners!
I will post a new topic soon.

mclew

Post Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:03 pm

Congratulations to all the winners! Great choices, good topic too. Jolka, you deserved a prize for climbing those pigeon tower stairs :)

robinlew

Post Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:45 pm

Many thanks for 3rd place. Quite an honor. Congratulations to the winner, Jolka.

ddecroix

Post Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:01 pm

Thanks for the mention! Congrats to Jolka.
All the best.
Dave

peterschmidtab

Post Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:13 am

Excellent theme, attracting strong entries. Congratulations to the winners!

Board index PBase Show and Tell 613th Show & Tell Competition: Steps and Stairs - WINNER