Board index PBase Show and Tell 607th Show & Tell Competition: Houses that give a feeling of being at home. - WINNER

Show and Tell

607th Show & Tell Competition: Houses that give a feeling of being at home. - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
mardoli

peterschmidtab

Post Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:40 am

I would like to start with a small premise.
Of course, I thank all the talented photographers who have chosen to participate in this competition, at the same time I am a little sorry to see that the number of those interested in submitting their thematic photos is fading.

However, I consider quality more and more important than quantity and, in this case, it seems to me that the quality of the photos in competition is pleasantly high.

The theme I chose is particularly dear to me and therefore it was difficult for me to choose the best photos, also because I liked almost all of them very much.
I do not make it a question of absolute photographic validity, because the judgment is based solely on my personal taste and sensitivity.

I think all the photos submitted to my humble judgment deserve an honourable mention. I was certainly influenced by my preference for colour photos rather than black and white. Sorry, it's my limitation.

However, I can't help but mention Walter's photo, which I liked very much.

And likewise, those of Jolka

and Markus

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Third place
Carol Phipps

The photo is very well composed, accurate and rich in detail and, indeed, gives a welcoming visual impression of cosiness.

Second place
Gill Kopy

The photo is beautiful, pervaded by a sweet and welcoming melancholy, in addition to the subject, I was also struck by the accuracy. There is not a single element out of place. Very, very good.
First place
Arnie

I love everything in this magnificent winter scene. Of course, I follow my personal taste and this delightful little house really gives me a feeling of warmth, especially in contrast to the winter climate that surrounds it. It seems to me that it is the photo that perhaps responds most to the theme, as I imagined it. You really feel at home in this house.
ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

gillk

Re: 607th Show & Tell Competition: Houses that give a feeling of being at home. - WINNER

Post Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:10 pm

What a great topic with so many super entries - very honoured to receive 2nd place - and congrats to Arnie and other winners and HMs.
Gill

cjphipps_servo

Re: 607th Show & Tell Competition: Houses that give a feeling of being at home. - WINNER

Post Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:59 pm

Thanks much for the 3rd place, Marisa.
Congratulations to Arnie and Gill and those Honorably Mentioned. Very nice competition.

peterschmidtab

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:44 am

Thank you very much Marisa for the honor and the kind words. Congratulations to the other winners and thank you to all who entered, I too enjoyed examining all the entries.

jolka

Post Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:22 pm

Thank you very much, Maria, for THE HM. Congratulations to all.

Board index PBase Show and Tell 607th Show & Tell Competition: Houses that give a feeling of being at home. - WINNER