Board index PBase Show and Tell 560th Show & Tell Competition: Hot stuff: smoke, fire, steam - WINNER

Show and Tell

560th Show & Tell Competition: Hot stuff: smoke, fire, steam - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
jolka

robinlew

Post Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:49 pm

First of all I am very sorry for delay in posting the winners of this contest. My vacation has been prolonged and instead of Friday I returned just an hour ago. I had no access to the computer and tried to post from my smartphone but with no success.

Anyway, thank you all for participating and I liked the diversity of photos posted to the smoke/fire/steam theme.
The Honorable Mentions in no particular order:

Marisa Livet - Exotica. I like this lovely shape of smoke and nicely toned scene very much.

Markus Grompe - Beach Fire. A wonderful contrast between serene landscape and the action of sparks flying upward from the fire.

Arnie Peterschmidt - A Flame. Beautiful macro capture of the single flame structure.

Vijay Nanda - The Burning Ghats. The stirring scene of this tradition is what drew my attention and moved me.

Third Place - luxun54 - Sulphur Fields, Yellowstone National Park. Great scenery with the steam from inside of the Earth.

Second Place - Gill Kopy - Binta Fire. Frightening view and the smoke is incredibly big!

First Place - Robin Lew - Inside the Duomo, lighting a candle. I mostly like the beautiful composition and the spiritual mood of the burning candles put for special prayer intentions.

Congratulations, Robin, your turn!

vj4000

Re: 560th Show & Tell Competition: Hot stuff: smoke, fire, steam - WINNER

Post Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:48 am

Very Impressive winning entries.. Remarkable judgement and choice. Congratulations to all winners.

gillk

Post Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:53 am

Great topic !! Congrats to Robin and other winners - and a big thank you for 2nd place - honoured :)
Gill

peterschmidtab

Post Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:11 am

Congratulations to Robin and the other winners, well deserved. Thank you Jola for an interesting theme and for the HM.

mardoli

Post Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:01 pm

Thank you, Jola, for the honourable mention. It was a very interesting competition with stunning pictures.
ImageImage
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
~Oscar Wilde~

luxun54

Post Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:19 pm

Thank you for 3rd place... a great topic, and a very strong group of entries and winners!

robinlew

Post Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:04 pm

Thank you, Jola, for 1st Place. What an honor and a surprise among many stunning and beautiful entries.
My congratulations to all the other winners. A new contest will appear shortly.

Board index PBase Show and Tell 560th Show & Tell Competition: Hot stuff: smoke, fire, steam - WINNER