Board index PBase Show and Tell 557th Show & Tell Competition: Musicians - WINNER

Show and Tell

557th Show & Tell Competition: Musicians - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
heffa

vj4000

Post Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:51 am

Thank you for so many wonderful submissions! I loved the variety of live performance, street musicians, practicing, and static poses. Great stuff... very difficult to pare it down to a final list of reasonable length.

Honorable Mentions, in no particular order:

Love the focus and detachment of Markus' well captured pianist:

The simplicity of luxun54's photo seems to really fit the performer:

Lots of sass in Marisa's capture of these saxy street performers:

High praise for this moment well presented by Jola. I think I'm going to second-guess not ranking this higher:

Love the lighting, setting, and expressiveness of this accomplished cardboard box musician caught in the act by Ken. Perhaps the cover of his first CD?

Really enjoy stevemaz's portrait of a most ambitious street musician -- can picture him lugging a full bass on mass transit to get to his favorite spot:

Two great B&W photos by Peter that I really enjoy. One for its nontraditional "from behind" perspective, and the other for its tremendous dark and hazy mood.

Third Place:
Walter wins the "feel good" award for this whimsical quartet that can't help but make you smile:

Second Place:
Paul delivers pure exuberance in another example of music's ability to steer a group's mood down the right path:

First Place:
Punctuated by lousy weather, Vijay very effectively captures the solitude of present day big city street performance. I am especially impressed that the performer's mood doesn't appear to be dampened. The spirit of music lives on.

vj4000

557th Show & Tell Competition: Musicians - WINNER

Post Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:20 am

Thanks Jeff for picking this picture as the winning entry. It was shot at the peak of pandemic. All alone in The Times square NYC, he was playing a sad tune. Congratulations to other winners and everyone for contributing and being a part of this competition.

luxun54

Re: 557th Show & Tell Competition: Musicians - WINNER

Post Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:10 pm

Thank you for the HM, a lot of great entries here, congrats to all the winners.

cjphipps_servo

Post Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:14 pm

Congratulations all!

schultzy

Post Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:08 am

Thx for your comments and congrats to the winner !

stevemaz

Post Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:10 pm

Thanks for HM.
Haven't seen too many double base players basking:)
He does it full time and he is very good.

amoxtli

Post Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:44 pm

Good topic Jeff with lots of great entries. Congrats to the winners and all who participated. Thank you for Third Place.
Regards, Walter
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

kzaret

Post Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:43 pm

Good topic choice! Timely and well executed winning photo, and many others. Thanks for HM.

Board index PBase Show and Tell 557th Show & Tell Competition: Musicians - WINNER