Board index PBase Show and Tell 553rd Show & Tell Competition: Dutch Angle - WINNER

Show and Tell

553rd Show & Tell Competition: Dutch Angle - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
jarekm

553rd Show & Tell Competition: Dutch Angle - WINNER

Post Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:35 am

Thank you for your entries.

The honorable mentions:

Reflections of sunlit cliffs by Paul Dudley

A truck on a dark street by Arnie Peterschmidt

A cathedral seen trough an arch By Robin Lew

A bridge by Carol J. Phipps

The Bow Bar Edinburgh late afternoon by Ken Zaret: a serious contender for the top three spot, the slight tilt to the right and the blurry background provided a sense of unrest of the room interior.

Third Place:

The first hill of the half-marathon by Arnie Peterschmidt, the unusual angle helps to appreciate the dynamic nature of the scene and the sheer number of participants.

Second Place:

Dancer at Cruise Pool by Todd Merport, the tilt brings focus on the women and her stretched hand which seem to be directing the activities of all other people in and around the pool.

First Place:

Holding on by Ken Zaret, multiple angles in this picture, the pole that the men is holding on to and the building wall leaning in the opposite direction convey a sense of anguish and uncertainty and amplify the expression on the men's face.

peterschmidtab

Re: 553rd Show & Tell Competition: Dutch Angle - WINNER

Post Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:35 am

Congratulations to Ken, exceptional photograph! Thank you Jarek for third place and an HM. The theme was excellent and attracted great entries.
Arnie

cjphipps_servo

Post Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:02 am

Thank you Jarek for the challenge and for the Honorable Mention. Congratulations to Ken and all.
Carol

todd_port

Post Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:43 pm

Thank you for selecting my photograph for second place. 1st place is amazing. The wallet is creating diagonals in the shirt adding to other interesting angles.

jolka

Post Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:25 pm

Great entries in this new and interesting subject. Congratulations to Ken and all.
(I have forgotten about the closing time and was too late to post :lol: )

grompem

Post Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:46 pm

Good choice of a theme. Congratulations to Ken.

kzaret

Post Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:38 pm

Thank you Jarek for your choice and others for kind remarks. I took that picture when I was living in Paris for a summer in 2006 with my family. I walked 50 minutes to and from work every day instead of using the Metro, taking street pictures and trying to perfect shooting from the hip and other ways not to be obvious. It was hard work and made me appreciate the masters of street photography. I will post a new contest shortly.

Board index PBase Show and Tell 553rd Show & Tell Competition: Dutch Angle - WINNER