Board index PBase Show and Tell 545th Show & Tell Competition: Minimalism - WINNER

Show and Tell

545th Show & Tell Competition: Minimalism - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
gillk

545th Show & Tell Competition: Minimalism - WINNER

Post Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:54 am

As usual, very difficult to judge. I found my eye drawn to shots applying the Rule of 3rds - seems to work well in Minimalist shots - not always tho - of course. Always fun to break a rule :) Here are my choices:

The honourable mentions - probably in alphabetical order.
grompem. Can't quite make out the title for this - neat with the pylons fading into the fog.

peterschmidtab. "Jan 24". Super minimalist shot - lovely sky and nice detail in the sand.

sylvester. "Downtown Evening". I really like the layers in this shot with the nicely placed street lamp.

schultzy. "Minimalist Portrait". I hadn't thought of portraits for this subject, but this is great with its high key look.

and the finalists are :)

3rd Place: Kzaret. "Pauanui, N. Island, New Zealand." What a different shot - the mystery of the tracks adds such a neat dimension.

In 2nd Place: Amoxtli. "July 12". Love this simplistic shot with the flower perfectly placed

1st Place mclew: "Street Art". How cool - a frame of nothing with a nice combination of tones.

It's over to you Margaret.
Last edited by gillk on Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:34 am, edited 5 times in total.

gillk

Re: 545th Show & Tell Competition: Minimalism - WINNER

Post Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:05 am

Oh dear, I had difficulty posting this - you may have to miss out on the photos - unless I can fix it.
GillK

gillk

Post Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:19 am

Can't fix it :( Will contact Emily.

gillk

Post Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:31 am

Got it - weird - the pb-Image part added to the front and back of the image address came out in lower case the first time. When I changed it to PB-Image, it worked.
Gill

peterschmidtab

Post Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:06 am

Congratulations to Margaret and the other winners. Thanks Gil for the HM and an excellent theme.

sylvester

Post Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:11 am

Thanks for the HM and Congratulations to the winners. I KNEW Margaret''s empty frame and radiant color was going to claim 1st place as soon as I saw it. Beautiful. sylvester/john medlin

mclew

Post Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:12 am

What a nice surprise, thanks Gill, for a good topic! Congratulations to all the winners and HM's. I will sleep on the topic for the next competition and be back soon with it.

Margaret

cjphipps_servo

Post Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:28 pm

Congratulations Margaret and all!
Carol

amoxtli

Post Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:37 pm

Good choice of topic. Enjoyed seeing all the submissions. Congratulations to all participants. Thank you for Second Place.
Regards, Walter
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

kzaret

Post Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:57 pm

This contest nicely got the creative juices flowing. Congrats to the winning image- clever shot for the contest! Thanks for 3rd pl. too! Stay isolated and healthy, everyone!

Board index PBase Show and Tell 545th Show & Tell Competition: Minimalism - WINNER