Board index PBase Show and Tell 541st Show & Tell Competition: Monochrome Images - WINNER

Show and Tell

541st Show & Tell Competition: Monochrome Images - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
peterschmidtab

alain_lestrade

Post Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:04 am

Thank you to all participants. I enjoyed examining all of the entries over the past week.
Honorable Mentions in no particular order.
Alain Lestrade

Jola Dziubinska

Peter Schultz

Markus Grompe

Allen Hart

Third Place, Ken Zaret. An amazing sanctuary wedged into a cleft among mountain peaks. The lighting is particularly good emphasizing rugged remoteness.

Second Place, Walter O. Koenig. An ordinary structure shown from a different perspective. The composition is striking with precise alignment, water in the foreground, a spec of daylight in the distance and fog providing a ethereal quality.

The winner is Alain Lestrade. I am absolutely captivated by this photo every time I look at it. The bull fills the frame, depth of field and light emphasize the details of the face, chain, straps and nose ring. At first the halter with chain and studded strap appears so cruel but after examining the details and the demeanor of the bull maybe it is not. Congratulations Alain.

amoxtli

Re: 541st Show & Tell Competition: Monochrome Images - WINNER

Post Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:28 pm

I liked the choice of topic. Always good getting back to Monochrome, which is how many of us started. Lots of great submissions. Congratulations to the winners and thank you for Second Place.
Regards, Walter
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

gillk

Post Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:49 pm

Congrats to Alain and other winners - a great topic with wonderful entries - enjoyed it.
Gill

kzaret

Post Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:11 am

Good topic, we can do monochrome many times to come!

Great choice for the winner, certainly a very intriguing shot and technically excellent.

alain_lestrade

Post Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:12 pm

Dear friends,

This short message to tell you i'm a little bit late because I was travelling these days without my pbase password in mind...

I'm happy for the contest and the success of this photograph. Thank you for all. I took it in an agricultural exhibition (salon de l'Agriculture, in Paris). I hesitated between the image of an enchained prisoner or of a cruel pirate... The bull was around 1500kg (3300lbs?).

Soon, the next topic...

Best regards.

jolka

Post Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:34 pm

Congratulations to the winners and thank you for the HM. Superb topic.

Board index PBase Show and Tell 541st Show & Tell Competition: Monochrome Images - WINNER