Board index PBase Show and Tell 537th Show & Tell Competition: “Street Portraiture”. The idea is to photograph a person (can be a friend, family, or stranger) in an urban street environment where the persons facial features are clea

Show and Tell

537th Show & Tell Competition: “Street Portraiture”. The idea is to photograph a person (can be a friend, family, or stranger) in an urban street environment where the persons facial features are clea

Announce and discuss your photos.
oracle0017

537th Show & Tell Competition: “Street Portraiture”. The idea is to photograph a person (can be a friend, family, or stranger) in an urban street environment where the persons facial features are clea

Post Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:24 pm

Judging this theme was more difficult than I anticipated as the entries were all great and showed a wide variety of human emotions and environments. I chose the winning photograph (Jola Dzubinska) secondarily because of image quality/technical merits, but primarily because it had a "are you kidding me?" factor that made me go back and look at it again and again. What do I mean? A photographer (who happens to be Jola's husband) casually holding a Black Cobra while he is being photographed. Casually?? Not me thank you very much! If any photograph can grab my attention like that, it's a winner in my book.

Third place goes to Marisa Livet for "According to the guide it should be London"

Second place goes to Peter Schultz for this great photograph:

And the winner is Jola Dzubinska's "Tomasz with Black Cobra"

Congratulations to the winners and to all who entered for a very challenging competition!
Last edited by oracle0017 on Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jolka

Re: 537th Show & Tell Competition: “Street Portraiture”. The idea is to photograph a person (can be a friend, family, or stranger) in an urban street environment where the persons facial features are clea

Post Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:27 pm

Thank you very much for the First Place, Tomasz and I are honoured. I have to admit I was more scared watching this scene than my husband himself holding a Black Cobra! He survived and me too :)

Board index PBase Show and Tell 537th Show & Tell Competition: “Street Portraiture”. The idea is to photograph a person (can be a friend, family, or stranger) in an urban street environment where the persons facial features are clea