Board index PBase Show and Tell 509th Show & Tell Competition: New Architecture - WINNER

Show and Tell

509th Show & Tell Competition: New Architecture - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
kzaret

amoxtli

Post Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:58 pm

We didn't get that many entries, but we got a lot of beauties. I encourage the viewer to click on the images and see them original size.

Honorable mentions, in no particular order:

I love the angle on this shot and the composition, by Markus Grompe:

Modern architecture enveloping the glory of the past, by Jarek M.:

I am not usually a fan of total symmetry, but this image by Gill Kopy was captivating. I like her B/W skyscraper shot too.

I would have figured it to be impossible to capture the entire Burj Kalifa this close up, but Jola Dziubinska did it:

I like how this image breaks symmetry in the foreground, by Walter Koenig:

Third Place - Beautifully composed shot of modern Warsaw, nice use of the sky by Jola Dziubinska to enhance the scenery (view full size). Somewhat of a classic view of modern architecture.

Second Place - Carol Phipps - This shot of the lego house is a lot of fun and wonderfully composed. I kept coming back to it.

First Place - Salk Institute at sunset by Walter Koenig - I prefer this symmetry-breaking shot to the so many others of this spot that are centered on the water. Kudos to Walter for his rendition of this Louis Kahn classic:

It's your turn Walter, congratulations!

jolka

Re: 509th Show & Tell Competition: New Architecture - WINNER

Post Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:25 pm

It was a great topic, Ken and wonderful submissions. Congrats to all. Thank you for the HM and the third place :)

cjphipps_servo

Post Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:41 pm

Thanks much for the 2nd place spot in this challenge. Such an amazing showing of modern architecture. Congratulations to everyone! Bravo!

Carol

cjphipps_servo

Post Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:42 pm

Thanks much for the 2nd place spot in this challenge. Such an amazing showing of modern architecture. Congratulations to everyone! Bravo!

Carol

amoxtli

Post Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:52 pm

An interesting and challenging topic with many great submissions. Congratulations to all who participated. Thank you for choosing my image as the winner this week. I will post a new competition soon.
Regards, Walter
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

gillk

Post Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:25 am

Congrats to Walter for a stunning winning shot ! and to the other winners. Thanks for the HM :)
Gill

Board index PBase Show and Tell 509th Show & Tell Competition: New Architecture - WINNER