Board index PBase Show and Tell 429th Show & Tell Competition: LIGHT TRAILS - WINNER

Show and Tell

429th Show & Tell Competition: LIGHT TRAILS - WINNER

Announce and discuss your photos.
kazmierczyk

mdejong

Post Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:57 pm

Wow, what an interesting set of entries this week has brought... It was not an easy topic, especially with the spanner I threw in the works by adding the technical requirement that something in the frame needs to be sharp and in focus. It was great fun to go through all entries - thank you everyone for participating.

First, honourable mentions.

Marcel, for this near monochromatic photo of a sparkler. I have to say that when looking at the thumbnail it did not blow me away - I did not notice the glass, and the exposure looked overblown where the fireball was. But when opened full size, the photo blossomed and nuances popped. Great compo, nice choice of exposure time, and a very creative image. Bravo

Arnie (welcome back, it’s been a while…), for this very creative shot. I don’t know if this was thanks to long planning or a lucky coincidence (the latter would have been my case, I am sure) but this understated light trail really makes the picture, sitting so well between the two splotches of color in the darkness.

High tension cables by Aldeca… yet another proof how much creativity we can find here on pBase. I don’t know how you did it – whether it is a postprocessed daylight shot, or a night exposure with reflections from the moon or whatever, but the final effect is amazing. Congratulations.

Flo and the sitting dog. It is an amazing visual effect you managed to create. Good thinking and creative imagination. Bravo!

Now, I had a bit of a dilemma with this photo by Alla. I love everything about it – the compo, colors, the upbeat mood. It would have been in the top three but…. it did not comply with the technical requirements. Hence, to be fair to all participants, only a honourable mention. But it is a superb work – I will need to experiment with something similar soon.

Now the winners....

Third place goes to Flo Hendry, for the futuristic Kia dashboard.

I don’t know how much of this photo is zooming in and how much is post processing, but either way, the effect is fantastic. Han Solo would not be ashamed of such a Kia.

Second place goes to Walter, for the steel wool on the beach.

Great composition, technically flawless - everything is sharp as a razor, and yet you cannot see whoever was manning or womanning the sparkler (who delivered the second half of what makes this photo such a hit. Simply stunning.

And finally, the winner is Marcel, with the magical shot from the Big Sur Coast.

I have to say this this photo blew me away right from the start. In my wildest dreams I would not have imagined that such great light trails can be captured in broad daylight. I love the well balanced composition, the contrast between the warm and cold light, and the way you framed the scene. Bravo!
Big thanks to all the participants, and Marcel, the floor is yours!

amoxtli

Re: 429th Show & Tell Competition: LIGHT TRAILS - WINNER

Post Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:53 pm

A well chosen topic with some interesting and creative submissions. Thanks for Second Place. Congrats to all who entered.
Best,
Walter
Walter Otto Koenig Architectural Photography: http://www.wokoenig.net

General Photography: http://www.wokoenig.com

Pacific Photographic Society: http://www.pacificphoto.net

allagil

Post Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:58 am

Thank you, Pawel for HM and kind words. Apology for overlooking an important condition.

This was an interesting theme and many creative entries. Congratulation to all the winners!

Alla

cits_4_pets

Post Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:51 pm

TY for the comments and HMs. Some great creative entries.
Flo
Cits 4 Pets where Happy Pets Go with the Flo
http://www.pbase.com/cits_4_pets/
My Firefox Tthemes/skins for your web browser)

peterschmidtab

Post Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:45 am

Thank you Pawel for the HM and also for your thoughts on the selected entries. Congratulations to the winners.

Board index PBase Show and Tell 429th Show & Tell Competition: LIGHT TRAILS - WINNER