Board index PBase Show and Tell Request for Comments

Show and Tell

Request for Comments

Announce and discuss your photos.
yalop

Request for Comments

Post Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:39 am

Thank everyone who provide me with valuable feedback.

I have just updated the "Israel's Security Fence and Separtion Wall" gallery and I am very intrested in your commnets on the gallery:

http://www.pbase.com/yalop/fence

Any comments, such as which photos to remove are very welcome - please leave the comments in the gallery itself.

Thank You,

Yal

ilanphoto

Post Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:32 am

Nice powerful pictures, show the problem at the simplest level

minoltaman

Post Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:06 pm

I am not sure this is the simplist level of the problem....the problem is the Yassir and the suicide brigades and terriost groups like Hamas. They will not join the international community. The wall has become neccesary over time. I would use something much stronger than a wall if I had my way. Suicide bombers are the worst kind of hell. The states that support them need to be delt with more harshly than just building a fence. Yassir should have worried about work instead of breeding squalor and terror like he did for the last few decades.

I left some comments in your gallery...you may not like them.

Regards.

peterb

Post Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:34 pm

minoltaman wrote:I am not sure this is the simplist level of the problem....the problem is the Yassir and the suicide brigades and terriost groups like Hamas. They will not join the international community. The wall has become neccesary over time. I would use something much stronger than a wall if I had my way. Suicide bombers are the worst kind of hell. The states that support them need to be delt with more harshly than just building a fence. Yassir should have worried about work instead of breeding squalor and terror like he did for the last few decades.

Regards.

I think you may be off the mark minoltaman, Yalop has covered the situation from both sides. I can't make out his (?) bias from the images he (?) has posted. Perhaps you missed this previous post from Yalop:

http://www.pbase.com/yalop/bomb

minoltaman

Post Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:56 pm

Nope...I was one of the few that left a comment when he advertised that gallery here.

He asked for opinions on this gallery. Both sides of the fence or whatever.

To me it looks more like...look at all of the workers and farmers that can not get to their place of work or farm. Look at how the wall is in the way of the people of Palestine. That may not be yalop's intent, but it is the way I saw these pics.

Look at the title itself. Do you really think the wall is intended to keep children from school? No....that is a harsh side effect. The wall is built to help keep the loony terrorists, freedom fighters, zealots and murderers and future martyrs out of Israel. This wall is for the safety of Israel...nothing else.

Why pretend that the side effect is the issue here. Yasir and the other idiots need to wise up. Then maybe the fence would become unneccesary.

The fence is for protection and nothing else. If the people of Palestine would quit killing innocent people the fence would come down or never have went up.

This is the same old story....same old people....just one more step Israel is taking to have to protect her people. To pretend the the murderers and their supporters have an realistic issue with the wall is rediculous. It's sad the wall has to be built to keep out other barbaric humans. Oh well...

This was my opinion on this gallery. Not the other gallery. I knew I should not have went here. But what the hell? Palestine has made hell for the rest of the world for quite some time now.....

ilanphoto

Post Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:32 pm

minoltaman wrote:I am not sure this is the simplist level of the problem....the problem is the Yassir and the suicide brigades and terriost groups like Hamas. They will not join the international community. The wall has become neccesary over time. I would use something much stronger than a wall if I had my way. Suicide bombers are the worst kind of hell. The states that support them need to be delt with more harshly than just building a fence. Yassir should have worried about work instead of breeding squalor and terror like he did for the last few decades.

Regards.

Just to be more clear on the subject.
I am all in favour of A wall, I am not sure (to be polite) that the route that was chosen for the fence, is the best. I do want to be separated from the terrorist but I am sure that the Palestinians need a land that is continues and includes as many Palestinians as possible.
My comment was a praise of the use of art /photography to convey an idea regardless of his belief.
Ilan

minoltaman

Post Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:14 pm

I understand...clarification not neccesary but thanks. Cheers.

beekeeper

Post Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:36 am

minoltaman wrote:I understand...clarification not neccesary but thanks. Cheers.

As far as killing civilians, I think the Israelis are ahead by quite alot, so I find your comment ignorant.

I comment the artist. Keep up the good work.

srijith

Post Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:02 am

I really hope we don't get down to a political brawl in this forum. Let us discuss the photography and (try to) keep the politics out.

I know that emotions and convictions are inherent part of the art of photography but discussions like these have a nasty habit of turning dirty, fast.

minoltaman

Post Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:39 am

Beekeeper...wny don't you bring your pro-hamas speaks down to the political forum. You need to understand the context of the killing before you use the word ignorant.

I find your comment to be pro terrorist, beekeeper. If you support terrorism you are a terrorist. Most of palestine's people would fall into this catagory at the present I am afraid. Someday you will see the light and you will quit supporting third world religeous zealots I hope.

Have you donated to your local Hamas recruiter lately? Speaking of ignorant... Infidels? Virgins in heaven? Jew Haters? Suicide Bombers? Snipers? Katisha Rockets? Lebenon? Yasir? Martyrs? C'mon... what side ot terror are you on? Remember the kamakazis? At least they attacked a miltary base. Same difference here, but much much worse. They need to, and will, pay the ultimate price in the end. It is inevitable I think. Word to the wise...stop the sucide bombings of buses, restaurants, bus stops and markets.... It is not the way. Try negotiations and love. Not suicide bombings and hate. Religeous zealots are out at the moment. Martyrs have never been in. The countries that support this type of behaviour and terror are going by the wayside...one by one. Hmmm...I think you can figure out the rest of the story.
Last edited by minoltaman on Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:32 am, edited 5 times in total.

minoltaman

Post Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:45 am

If you want to continue this discussion, lets take it to the correct forum. Sorry S.

ilanphoto

Post Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:15 am

Don
I was looking for a thunmbs up icon but could not find 1
So in short Thanks....

yalop

Thanks everyone for their coments

Post Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:44 am

Thank you all for your comments. Any artistic comments - or anything that has to do with making the presentation more focus, clear and telling all sides of the issue is very welcome. I have no intention to start a political debate here.

Yalop

minoltaman

Post Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:04 pm

Any comments, such as which photos to remove are very welcome

Yalop...you asked for any comments even for tips on images you should remove. I commented to your point of focus and title. I thought that artistically the images do not quite show both sides as the title states. Others people tried to attack my opinion on your picks so I had to explain how I formulated my opinion. I did not want to get into a debate either.

You should know posting such controversial topics will illicit real human responces sometimes.

If you post pics of hot topics you had better expect some hot opinions. Otherwise don't post them.

This is one hot topic right now. Cheers.

yalop

Post Sat Nov 08, 2003 4:45 am

Hi Don

Yes I know it is a hot subject and controversy is sure to arise.

Based on your comments and others I got (not on this board) I decided to do two things:

1. Reduce the number of the Palestinian Graphite

2. Set up two galleries: One that focuses mostly on the Fence and wall without getting to the cause (the suicide bombing) and an other that include what I see as the important background of this subject (i.e the suicide bombing)

In nutshell and without opening a political debate here I will say that there is very wide support in the Israeli public for a fence that reduces the risk of having suicide bombers arrive into Israel. Most people are not aware that the route of the fence was set in a way that cause such hardship to some of the Palestinian population.

[Other than condemning murder] I do not go into the debate of what is right and wrong - clearly this is a tough political issue and this is not the place for it on this thread.

Your comments have been very valuable to me. Thank You.

Board index PBase Show and Tell Request for Comments