Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Hiding Exif Box and Data

HTML and Style Sheets

Hiding Exif Box and Data

Customize your galleries.
jklofft

Hiding Exif Box and Data

Post Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:57 pm

I added the following tag to my CSS and got the exif data and box to be hidden. Recently even with this tag, the EXIF box is still visible. What do I need to change. Thanks

Jeff

.exif {display:none; }

jamooche

Post Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:15 pm

How did you eleminate the entire pbase interface to make your photos look like a stand alone website? I have been wanting to do this to my site for a while now.

http://www.jamilabbasy.com/

I have the galleries page link to Pbase.

Thanks,
Jamil

arjunrc

Re: Hiding Exif Box and Data

Post Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:18 pm

jklofft wrote:I added the following tag to my CSS and got the exif data and box to be hidden. Recently even with this tag, the EXIF box is still visible. What do I need to change. Thanks

Jeff

.exif {display:none; }

If I remember correctly,

.exif just controls the one line exif info
to hide the bigger table you need to also do the same to the
.lid class. As an example, if you go to someone else's gallery and click on view EXIF and go back to yours, the line one exif will still be hidden, but the box will show :-)

regds
arjun

jklofft

I have .lid as well

Post Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:33 pm

Sorry, forgot to mention that before.

.lid {display:none; }

arjunrc

Re: I have .lid as well

Post Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:49 pm

jklofft wrote:Sorry, forgot to mention that before.

.lid {display:none; }

Ah yes. I see what is happening. You are most likely seeing an empty Full Exif table that looks horrible. I just checked the CSS - it looks like pbase simply uses a table under "sb" class for this table - and I think sb is used elsewhere too - so it may be painful to hide it completely (odd, I never noticed this before in my own tests, unless they have recently changed this. Actually Im pretty sure this was a recent change - since I had tested this before)

So anyway, do note this will only occur if you click on 'Show full EXIF' in someone else's galleries and return to yours. The way around this would be to simply select 'Hide Exif' from a gallery that shows exif. Then you will not see this ugly table at all.When people visit your galleries, and if they have not been viewing Full EXIF from other galleries, then they will see everything fine.

Sorry, but I can't think of a better solution unless someone comes up with a hack or verifies that an sb within a table is only used here - so you could try setting even that to display:none. This may be the simplest solution (if feasible)

(Incidentally, if you really don't want EXIF, you may also consider just using an EXIF stripper, though Im pretty sure you were not looking for that as an answer :-) )

regds
arjun

castledude

Post Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:41 pm

They just ,within the last week, added an advanced page to the galleries.

One of the options is allows you to turn off EXIF data displays.

Here is the post describing the new features http://forum.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?t=7188

(Thanks emily)...

arjunrc

Post Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:47 pm

castledude wrote:They just ,within the last week, added an advanced page to the galleries.

One of the options is allows you to turn off EXIF data displays.

Here is the post describing the new features http://forum.pbase.com/viewtopic.php?t=7188

(Thanks emily)...

Aha, thanks castle dude. Im sure in doing this, they must have also fiddled with the html. I need to take a look at what all is new - haven't been paying attention to these new announcements for a while.

Jeff, I guess this simple addition answers your need. You may as well remove the exif and lid classes display:none now from your CSS so as not to conflict/confuse with this new option. Who knows what intricacies the deeply interwoven CSS net of pbase will otherwise reveal :-)

regds
arjun

jklofft

Thanks

Post Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:40 pm

Thanks for all the replies. The advanced tab option did the trick.

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Hiding Exif Box and Data