Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Adding a picture to a background

HTML and Style Sheets

Adding a picture to a background

Customize your galleries.
studio5photo

Adding a picture to a background

Post Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:49 pm

Can anyone tell me how to add a picture as a background for my pages. Ideally I would like to tile it so it would actually be seen several times. Better yet, could someone show me a whole style sheet with the picture HTML placed in it? :oops: Thanks

Newbie HTML person.

dpnew

Re: Adding a picture to a background

Post Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:09 pm

studio5photo wrote:Can anyone tell me how to add a picture as a background for my pages. Ideally I would like to tile it so it would actually be seen several times. Better yet, could someone show me a whole style sheet with the picture HTML placed in it? :oops: Thanks

Newbie HTML person.

To add a background to the page, you don't use HTML. You do that through the stylesheet for your gallery. A stylesheet allows you to add 'style' to the existing HTML. The style you want to add is a background-image.

Check the current thread: Pictures in Title field..?

You do the same thing as instructed in that thread, but instead of adding the background-image code to the style for the h2 element, which is just a small section of the page, you add it to the style for the BODY element, which is the whole page. The h2 element and the BODY element are the existing html.

The background-repeat property has 4 choices: no-repeat, repeat, repeat-x, and repeat-y. The first two are pretty obvious, and repeat-x only repeats the image across the page while repeat-y repeats the image up and down the page.

If you have any questions or you are confused post some more questions.

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Adding a picture to a background