Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets What the heck has happened to my stylesheet?

HTML and Style Sheets

What the heck has happened to my stylesheet?

Customize your galleries.
lord_of_the_badgers

What the heck has happened to my stylesheet?

Post Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:54 pm

All my lovingly put together stylesheet is gone tonite, replaced by basic text and image styles.

Please explain, is it me, or another 'fix'??!

mark_elert

Post Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:24 pm

Mine has all gone to white background and black text seems to be a general problem.

matiasasun

Re: What the heck has happened to my stylesheet?

Post Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:24 pm

The same thing happened a few days ago but PBase was doing some changes (as Slug said). I´m having the same problem. I do not uinderstand why it is happening, but I belive it is because of what I said.
Matias, Chile - http://www.pbase.com/matiasasun
Resources, HOWTOs, Samples and more! - http://pbasewiki.srijith.net/

arjunrc

Post Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:28 pm

matiasasun wrote:The same thing happened a few days ago but PBase was doing some changes (as Slug said). I´m having the same problem. I do not uinderstand why it is happening, but I belive it is because of what I said.

You know, this is an interesting side effect of splitting the CSS sheet from the main sheet. And its not infrequent enough for me not to notice.

What seems to be happening is that the pbase server that hosts the photos seem to be fairly responsive, but the server the CSS is hosted on is not as much. So what is happening is that our page loads fine, but our CSS times out - resulting in a very ugly looking page :-)

regds
arjun

matiasasun

Post Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:30 pm

Messed uip is better than nothing--> Uploades have no oproblem so far. But thanks for the information. Hopefully we will have some words of the creator or the godess soon.
Matias, Chile - http://www.pbase.com/matiasasun
Resources, HOWTOs, Samples and more! - http://pbasewiki.srijith.net/

arjunrc

Post Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:42 am

matiasasun wrote:Messed uip is better than nothing

Hmm, it depends on the style of the gallery I guess. Mine looks nightmarish without the correct CSS ;-)

lord_of_the_badgers

Post Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:14 pm

hi
all's well today... but Arjun, I think, has it. The site seemed very slow last night certainly.

now if only i could get the pbase bar removal code to work again (i only remove it on the main gallery page) ;)

slug
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:40 pm

the stylesheets are now loaded from a load balanced cluster of servers instead of a single server.

previously there were occasional problems with that single server that would cause the stylesheets to load slowly which caused the rest of the page to either hang, or not show the stylesheet properly.

the load balanced cluster of servers will prevent those problems.

-slug

arjunrc

Post Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:49 pm

lord_of_the_badgers wrote:hi
now if only i could get the pbase bar removal code to work again (i only remove it on the main gallery page) ;)

Heh, heh. This is a cat and mouse game. I was hoping that adding a 'Pbase supporter' icon would satisfy the community needs, but obviously the admins are serious about the menu bar being shown (and they have clearly stated so before, I give them that ;-) )

So now, they have added a piece of code to the end of the CSS section that basically re-displays the menu again (they reversed display:none to display:block :mrgreen: )

So... even if we did devise another mechanism to hide it, its only a matter of time till its reversed.

Damn 8)

regds
arjun

lord_of_the_badgers

Post Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:34 pm

damn their hides!

oh well. it was nice while it was possible. I just feel that the pbase bar is too big. if it was half the size, i wouldn't mind.

jlsphoto

Post Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:29 am

slug wrote:the stylesheets are now loaded from a load balanced cluster of servers instead of a single server.

previously there were occasional problems with that single server that would cause the stylesheets to load slowly which caused the rest of the page to either hang, or not show the stylesheet properly.

the load balanced cluster of servers will prevent those problems.

-slug
Slug -

It seems that any time I use a custom stylesheet lately, it is hit or miss as to whether it will be displayed properly.

Is there a trip to get them to work consistently?

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets What the heck has happened to my stylesheet?