Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets stylesheets now linked, not inlined

HTML and Style Sheets

stylesheets now linked, not inlined

Customize your galleries.
lenightowl

Post Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:51 am

slug wrote:the problem of not seeing changes to your stylesheets immediately is because now your browser is caching the stylesheets.

so i have just changed the css url to include .....243.css?t=1091903221
so that the url is different everytime and your browser will fetch your updated stylesheet everytime.
this only happens if it's your own gallery or image.

this means you won't get the benefit of caching while viewing your own galleries, but it will solve the testing stylesheets problem.

as for the look of things changing. i'm unsure why the change from inlined to linked stylesheets would have changed their behavior.

-slug

Thanks, Slug, I just tested it, by making a quick change in my CSS, and I was able to see the result instantly!
I thought the problem I had was related to caching, although I don't understand how it works :?

If I get you right, and even though I can now see the changes I make in my CSS immediately (which is great! :wink: ) yet someone else will only be able to view them after a period of time, is that right?

I asked someone to check my galleries for me last night (so probably before you changed the css url to include .....243.css?t=1091903221)
Although I could see my changes (made well before) my friend could not.
Refreshing his browser had no effect.

Maybe I will leave my CSS alone for a bit, until the dust settles down... :wink:

oochappan

Post Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:33 am

Yep my stylesheet was gone too ......
even after checking with frontpage using a backup of css ... gone

I adepted already everything knowing that my css was a litlle bit tricky, based on the gallery2.css that to my conclusion must have been changed too, not allowing that tricky stuff anymore.

the problem was in my thumbs:
-title not on the same place but higher on the thumb-picture: the -45 for the title-placement became -35 now
-slubby border defining made my thumbs jumping:
I didn't define totaly borders right left as it took over the same value of 1px border ahead

Apperently the new gallery2.css didn't accept that anymore

OK working again almost as before .....
http://www.pbase.com/oochappan/favourites

Previous

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets stylesheets now linked, not inlined