Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Band across the top on all galleries page

HTML and Style Sheets

Band across the top on all galleries page

Customize your galleries.
tivoli

Band across the top on all galleries page

Post Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:47 pm

I have tried everything. I have a band that goes across the top of each gallery but I tried everything and cannot figure out how to get that band on the galleries page. What do I do?

Here's some info up to h1,h2 (h1h2 is the description for this band for the other pages but when I tried to put it under galleryheader it would not work or substitute it, so there must be another way. Thanks.

.galleryheader {
margin-left: 100px;
margin-right: 100px;
margin-top: 45px;
margin-bottom: 25px;
{text-align: center};

}

a, a:link,a:visited,a:active {
color: #999900; text-decoration: none;
}
a:hover {
color: #999900;
text-decoration: none;
}
a.td.thumbnail, a.td.thumbnail:link, a.td.thumbnail:visited, a.td.thumbnail:active {
border: #999933 4px ridge;
margin-bottom: -45px;
padding-top: 20px;
padding-bottom: 15px;
padding-right: 20px;
padding-left: 20px;
width: 172px;
display: block;
background: #cccc66;
height: 207px;
filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(Opacity=100);
}
a.td.thumbnail:hover {
border: #999933 4px solid;
margin-bottom: -45px;
padding-top: 20px;
padding-bottom: 15px;
padding-right: 20px;
padding-left: 20px;
width: 172px;
background: #ffff99;
height: 207px;
filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(Opacity=100);
}
body{
margin-bottom: 20px;
margin-top: 40px;
background: #ffffcc;
}
div,th,tr,table,font,li,ul,form,
blockquote,p,b,i,h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,font, center {
border: 3px;
color: #333300;
font: 13px verdana, arial, sans-serif;
}
font {
margin-left: 4px;
margin-right: 4px;
width: 170px;
color: #666600;
font: 11px Verdana, Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif;
letter-spacing: 0px;
}

}
h1, h2 {
border-bottom: #FFD801px dotted;
margin-bottom: 1em;
margin-left: 50px;
margin-right: 50;
padding: 5px;
width: 100%;
background: #999966;
color: #ffffff;
font-size: 40px;
font-weight: normal;
letter-spacing: 10px;
text-align: left;
height: 50px;
position: relative;
filter:
progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Shadow(color="#141414",Direction=135,Strength=5);

Thank you.

alangrant

Post Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:48 pm

I think you are referring to the band that contains the name of each of your galleries (other than the root)?

To have a similar heading in your root gallery, you shouldn't need any further CSS changes. You just need to explicitly include the heading in HTML in the user description, like this:

<h2>
Susan's Galleries
</h2>

Make sure the "use HTML" box is checked in the gallery settings. This should results in the heading being displayed in the same style as the title of the other galleries (as on my own pages).
Alan
Travel Photos - http://www.pbase.com/alangrant
Balkanology: Explore Southeast Europe - http://www.balkanology.com/

tivoli

Post Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:37 am

Thank you again! Now I'm having a really distressing problem. I made some minor adjustments in colors, something I've done many times before. When I click on "update css" I could see the changes immediately on the page (it was a body color change). When I clicked on "back to gallery" I got this message:

"Missing Gallery or Web Page. There might be a mistake in the URL you are looking for. Please check the address and try again. It's possible, but unlikely, that this page has been deleted. "

My account information is all up to date so that is not the issue. I then copied and pasted the entire source code and created a new css stylesheet. I was able to make a couple of changes only. The same thing is happening now. It will not allow me to make changes. The url address says this:

http://www.pbase.com/css?name=test12a

Could that question mark be the problem? The only other thing I can think of is that around the time I was making changes, I copied and pasted the entire source code to save it to my hard drive in case I accidentally deleted the style page (the edit/delete buttons are SO close to one another). After that it seemed to go nutty. Unless that is a coincidence. Thank you.

tivoli

Post Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:45 am

The funny thing is, the changes are shown in the css stylesheet, but not on the actual page which is really weird. Here is an example:

body{
margin-bottom: 20px;
margin-top: 40px;
background: #ffffcc;
}

The color that is actually SEEN on the page is #333333. I selected that and want it for now, but I put ffffcc in the stylesheet (again, that was the original color) to see if the color would change, after it was updated, and it did not.

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Band across the top on all galleries page