Requesting compatible soln for IE/NS

Customize your galleries.
arjunrc

Requesting compatible soln for IE/NS

Post Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:06 pm

CSS Experts,
please take a look at my root gallery.

Question: Would someone suggest a way to either:

a) Ensure the 'grey message' box on the left appears 'behind' the thumbnails if the browser window is made smaller

or

b) Ensure that on browser resize, the thumbnails get relatively spaced away from the message box.

In either case, I dont want the thumbnail positioning mess up (ie push to the right, for example - it should be reasonably centered)

I tried: setting the z-index of the message box to "-1" -> in IE, the message box did appear 'behind' but the scrolling text disappeared. In Mozilla, the entire darn box disappeared :-)

Alan: I corrected the user description area - all errors reported right now are basically the HTML validator getting confused with the generated HTML code inside the DHTML part - which I can't do much about.

regds
arjun

alangrant

Post Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:46 pm

Hello again,

Yes, that HTML looks much cleaner now!

I'm afraid you may be going beyond my limited knowledge with this one -certainly with option (a). I didn't fully understand what you meant by (b) - do you want to avoid having the thumbnails dropping below the message box? Perhaps you could expand further on that one.
Alan
Travel Photos - http://www.pbase.com/alangrant
Balkanology: Explore Southeast Europe - http://www.balkanology.com/

arjunrc

Post Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:52 pm

alangrant wrote:Hello again,

Yes, that HTML looks much cleaner now!

I'm afraid you may be going beyond my limited knowledge with this one -certainly with option (a). I didn't fully understand what you meant by (b) - do you want to avoid having the thumbnails dropping below the message box? Perhaps you could expand further on that one.

hi Alan,
by option (b) I simply meant:

On display, the thumbnails and my text on top should be neatly centered relative to the window size and not to the "message box"
Under no circumstances must the message box overlap the thumbnails.

If the browser is made smaller, then I am ok if the thumbnails drop below due to lack of space (though ideally Id prefer it not to - not sure if that is possible)

thanks
arjun

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Requesting compatible soln for IE/NS