Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets How to eliminate the underscore in webdev thumbnail captions

HTML and Style Sheets

How to eliminate the underscore in webdev thumbnail captions

Customize your galleries.
tivoli

How to eliminate the underscore in webdev thumbnail captions

Post Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:52 pm

In the thumbnails in an album, or in the root album page, how do I eliminate the underscore in the titles? I'm using webdev. Please be specific, as I don't yet understand general directions in html!! Thanks.

arjunrc

Re: How to eliminate the underscore in webdev thumbnail capt

Post Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:51 pm

susanckd wrote:In the thumbnails in an album, or in the root album page, how do I eliminate the underscore in the titles? I'm using webdev. Please be specific, as I don't yet understand general directions in html!! Thanks.

Susan, if by underscores, you mean some of your galleries such as "garden_2002__2003", then here is what you need to do:

1. Edit that particular gallery (eg. garden_2003__2003)
2. Specify a 'title' in the box ( I assume for the "_" galleries, you currently dont have a title)

Basically, if you dont specify a 'title' for a gallery, pbase shows the 'gallery name' instead -and it does not allow 'spaces' in gallery names - it automatically converts spaces to "_"

regds
arjun

matiasasun

Re: How to eliminate the underscore in webdev thumbnail capt

Post Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:38 pm

Yep... I agree with Arjun. If you don´t have gallery titles you also wont be abe to use CAPITAL LETTERS because the system will replace them as the spaces for "__"...
Matias, Chile - http://www.pbase.com/matiasasun
Resources, HOWTOs, Samples and more! - http://pbasewiki.srijith.net/

tivoli

Post Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:58 pm

Silly me, I thought it was some complex html stuff! Thank you!

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets How to eliminate the underscore in webdev thumbnail captions