Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets RGB format

HTML and Style Sheets

RGB format

Customize your galleries.
yippee2000

RGB format

Post Thu May 27, 2004 2:40 pm

So I tried to change the background color for one of my galleries. It says you can type in the color name ("blue" for e.g.) or else type in the number using RGB format. So I went to one of those HTML color sites, found a color I liked, and typed the code into the field on the Edit This Gallery Page. I typed in "22DF66" or whatever it was. Was I supposed to type in something more, like maybe "#22DF66" or "RGB22DF66"? Why isn't it working? Why isn't the background color on that gallery changing?

Thanks!

robert

Color

Post Thu May 27, 2004 4:30 pm

Format is either.....

background-color: #22DF66;

or

background-color: rgb(34, 223, 102);

I find it convenient to use the color picker in Adobe PS. It will give the color code in both formats!

Have fun!

Robert

srijith

Post Thu May 27, 2004 5:27 pm

AS r53lanc mentioned, you need to specify it as "#22DF66;"

You *should not* miss out the '#'

yippee2000

OK....

Post Thu May 27, 2004 9:11 pm

and do I specifically also need to add the semicolon (;) at the end as well, as you did?

Tx.

srijith

Post Fri May 28, 2004 6:56 am

If you have some more code for that class, yes you need to, otherwise you can omit it.

example:
Code: Select all
p {
background-color: #22DF66;    <---- ; here since there is a code line that follows
font-size:10pt  <--- no ; here since this is the last code line for the 'p' class
}

However, since an extra semicolon will not harm in any way, it is always a best practise to add it anyway.

alangrant

Post Fri May 28, 2004 1:48 pm

I think this thread has strayed off the point a little. The replies are talking about CSS. However the original post is about using the "Background Color" field in the "Edit Gallery" page - not CSS.

It doesn't seem to matter if you include the # or not, but I think you do need to choose the "no style sheet" option. If you use a style sheet it will override the text and background colour in the "Edit Gallery" settings.

As a general point, using style sheets will give you much more control over the appearance of your pages.
Alan
Travel Photos - http://www.pbase.com/alangrant
Balkanology: Explore Southeast Europe - http://www.balkanology.com/

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets RGB format