Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Adding HTML code to an image page

HTML and Style Sheets

Adding HTML code to an image page

Customize your galleries.
deseml

Adding HTML code to an image page

Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:02 pm

I'm trying to add the Extreme Tracking HTML code to a image page but don't know how. I'm able to call up the source code by right-clicking and getting notepad. I'm also able to add the Extreme Tracking code to the body section of the source code but after that I'm lost. How to I upload the whole thing back into my pbase account?

I've looked in various How To sections in this forum. I see how to add the code into Galleries but not how to add it into an image page.

I expect this is covered somewhere but I just haven't been able to find it. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Dave

Pbase.com/deseml

dougj

Re: Adding HTML code to an image page

Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:32 pm

The code is entered in your account preferences, the explanation is here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=32045&start=45

deseml

Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:31 pm

Doug,

Thanks for your response. I'm assuming you mean the plug-in options when you refer to account preferences. I actually tried that before my original post but this option puts the code into my main gallery rather than onto the specific image page I'm interested in tracking. I gather from the Extreme Tracking site that the HTML code they give you has to go onto the actual page you intend to track. With the Extreme Tracking HTML code on my main gallery page, the tracking returned was for hits on my main gallery.

I looked at the discussion to which you referred, but it didn't seem to deal with my question. Maybe I just missed the post you were intending me to see.

Thanks again for spending the time to post.

Dave

dougj

Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:24 pm

Dave, The ability of using Java Script on pages and in galleries was disabled due to security issues. This restriction precluded the use of tracking programs setup by users and entered on individual, selected pages. PBase enabled the use of tracking programs as a substitute, however it works for all of the galleries. I don't know of a way to track individual galleries or pages. PBstats will provide a total number of hits for each photo and each gallery, but there is no additional detail.

deseml

Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:48 pm

Doug,

Thanks for clearing that up. I appreciate your help.

Dave

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Adding HTML code to an image page