Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets WEBDEV and non-IE browsers

HTML and Style Sheets

WEBDEV and non-IE browsers

Customize your galleries.
djphotography

WEBDEV and non-IE browsers

Post Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:32 pm

Can anyone here fix the issues with WEBDEV in Firefox and Safari browsers? Its my favorite style sheet, but the mouse-over light box feature only seems to work in IE...and I refuse to use IE. Unfortunately I know absolutely NOTHING about writing code, so perhaps one of the webmasters among us could fix these issues.

I apologize if this request has already been submitted, I did search the forum before posting and couldn't find a thread regarding this specific issue.

Thanks,
Dave (djphotography)

dang

Re: WEBDEV and non-IE browsers

Post Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:51 am

djphotography wrote:Can anyone here fix the issues with WEBDEV in Firefox and Safari browsers? Its my favorite style sheet, but the mouse-over light box feature only seems to work in IE...and I refuse to use IE. Unfortunately I know absolutely NOTHING about writing code, so perhaps one of the webmasters among us could fix these issues.

I apologize if this request has already been submitted, I did search the forum before posting and couldn't find a thread regarding this specific issue.

Thanks,
Dave (djphotography)

Hi Dave,
The reason you didn't find anything is because there's not an easy fix. IE has a mind of it's own, and doesn't read things the same. The "DX Transform" used in the sheet is specifically for IE. And so you'll know, it's been know to cause problems with images sometimes in the form of specks showing through the enlarged photos when using other browsers. Generally, this only occurs if the CSS is changed where there's a light colored background included, but thought you should know in case you start changing it. :wink:

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets WEBDEV and non-IE browsers