Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets let it snow, let it snow, let it snow,... :)

HTML and Style Sheets

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow,... :)

Customize your galleries.

northstar37

Post Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:34 pm

:) haha, very good!

99v6coupe

Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm

webdev, that is very cool... what part of your code are we supposed to copy? I tried to add the whole thing to my existing ccs style sheet I created but didn't work.. Please tell me, thanks.

John

george_iii

Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:01 pm

I didn't see this at first. I finally realized to try the page in IE. It seems to be an IE specific thing. Being a mozilla user myself, it doesn't work.

BTW: it does look cool in ie though.

pstewart

Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:40 pm

I am using the Mac IE browser and don't see anything. :( What was there?

thewedding

crossbrowser thingy

Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:57 pm

I've build some crossbrowser css files but in the end removed them for the current one... sorry to say as I too use mozilla but for other purposes when developing xhtml and css site for exmpl.

keep in mind that 98% uses IE 5.5/6 using windows
http://www.nedstatbasic.net/s?tab=1&link=5&id=710850
this is the most visited website in the netherlands with 110.933 pageview a day !!! given these stats I prefer building the css files for the majority....

99v6coupe

Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:13 pm

sorry but I don't seem to understand which question you were answering... I guess I am just wondering if we're allowed to use the snow feature on our style sheet and how (if you allow us to use), thanks.

thewedding

Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:34 pm

99v6coupe wrote:sorry but I don't seem to understand which question you were answering... I guess I am just wondering if we're allowed to use the snow feature on our style sheet and how (if you allow us to use), thanks.

well it was done as temporarily sn(h)ow off.. as pbase does not support scripting and I can understand why... I leave it up to the script kiddies to try for themselves as it involves a hack in which you need a separate webhosting as well ... as this was not made out of css but dhtml. I do not further encourage ppl to use it as it also deactivates the thumb link (it now only wokrs on the images it self) and will mess up ppl's website if used faulty

99v6coupe

Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:38 pm

thanks webdev
that's too bad they don't support it here.

george_iii

Re: crossbrowser thingy

Post Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:23 pm

That's fine by me as long at the content works on other browsers. I like to keep an eye on the stats for google as well, I'm sure they take one or two hits on any given day.

http://www.google.com/press/zeitgeist.html

webdev wrote:I've build some crossbrowser css files but in the end removed them for the current one... sorry to say as I too use mozilla but for other purposes when developing xhtml and css site for exmpl.

keep in mind that 98% uses IE 5.5/6 using windows
http://www.nedstatbasic.net/s?tab=1&link=5&id=710850
this is the most visited website in the netherlands with 110.933 pageview a day !!! given these stats I prefer building the css files for the majority....

thewedding

Re: crossbrowser thingy

Post Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:09 am

george_iii wrote:That's fine by me as long at the content works on other browsers. I like to keep an eye on the stats for google as well, I'm sure they take one or two hits on any given day.
http://www.google.com/press/zeitgeist.html

indead and they underline my findings... correct me if i'm wrong

google stats implement:

win98/xp/2000/nt together : 92% and

and you're right "as long as the content works in all browsers" ...
since pbase without css still lets you view the galleries in full.

oochappan

Post Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:09 pm

........ it also deactivates the thumb link (it now only wokrs on the images it self) and will mess up ppl's website if used faulty

there is a lot of 'schnee' in ur actionscript ...... as I suppose its a lot more snowing in Germany as you use google to find some........ wright ? :D

thewedding

Post Sat Dec 27, 2003 1:30 pm

oochappan wrote:there is a lot of 'schnee' in ur actionscript ...... as I suppose its a lot more snowing in Germany as you use google to find some........ wright ? :D

I'm not quite getting what you mean by this... perhaps you should try google to find it for me ;)

but I replaced the above mentioned dhtml script with a flash file to make it look more natural....

as far as your geographic knowllegde, the netherlands is that country next to germany and above belgium...

jianxun

Post Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:23 pm

i find the snow familiar...
it looks like the snowing of warcraft 3 Fronze throne's start menu ..
is it the same?
:P

thewedding

Post Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:20 pm

jianxun wrote:i find the snow familiar...
it looks like the snowing of warcraft 3 Fronze throne's start menu ..
is it the same?
:P

how much as I like coding and scripting with just about any internet language I just can not get used to the MM flash stages and scenes...
so got the action script from here ;)
http://www.swishzone.com/movies.php?do= ... ink_id=612

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets let it snow, let it snow, let it snow,... :)