Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Scanned pics do not fit exactly in the style sheets' frame

HTML and Style Sheets

Scanned pics do not fit exactly in the style sheets' frame

Customize your galleries.
manco

Scanned pics do not fit exactly in the style sheets' frame

Post Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:44 pm

:? How to make my pics fit EXACTLY in the frames of the style sheets ? Some pics do, others do not. Is my scanner not operating well or what am I doing wrong ???

thewedding

Re: Scanned pics do not fit exactly in the style sheets' fra

Post Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:44 pm

manco wrote::? How to make my pics fit EXACTLY in the frames of the style sheets ? Some pics do, others do not. Is my scanner not operating well or what am I doing wrong ???

sounds like a scanner mailfunction too me !!
I guess the only thing you can do is repack your scanner and take it back to the store where you bought it and ask them to adjust de scanner code to fix the stylesheet misalignment ... :shock:

manco

Scanned pics do not fit exactly in the stylesheets.

Post Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:39 pm

Webdev,

See my galleries at pbase.com/manco/galleries for illustration of what I mean. Only gallery 3 is ok. Most of the pics in the other galleries do not fit exactly in the frames of the stylesheets.

thewedding

Post Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:55 pm

oké first, sorry for making it into a cynical joke..

plz let me explain, as most pictures are build up from an aspect ratio of 3:2 or 4:3 taken horizontally or vertically most of pbase default stylesheets try to maintain the look and feel of the thumbnail background in order to achieve a more clam appearance.

it is not about adjusting your pictures it is about adjusting your stylesheet
let me try to explain this part for you in the code of your current stylesheet, you can find the lines

TD.thumbnail
{
background-color: black;
padding: 5px;
vertical-align: middle;
width: 200px;
}

where is says width:200px
this means that every tumbnail background will be 200px in width
what you can do is remove this line and play arround with the padding line above in order to achieve the effect you dessire...

in order to change all this you need to copy and paste the code in question into a new stylesheet which you can add in your root gallery.

hope this does help.. :)

Board index PBase HTML and Style Sheets Scanned pics do not fit exactly in the style sheets' frame