Board index PBase Feature Requests Voting Features Request

Feature Requests

Voting Features Request

Request changes or modifications.
jmphotography

Voting Features Request

Post Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:49 pm

To, PBase and US 8)

I think I speak for everyone here when I say that, we are all curious as to how many votes an image/images get.

I think it would be neat to sort a gallery according to how many votes each picture gets. This feature could possibly help distribute more clicks that each image get.
For example, if my most voted images are at the top of the page, the chances of any picture getting clicked at the bottom of the page (or page 2,3,4, etc.) are slim to none.
I do realize that sorting by number of hits could improve the hit count in a gallery, but I noticed judging from messages with the word "voted" in the comment that, in some cases even images with a high hit counts do not get as many votes as an image with a lower hit count.

Just because one image has a higher hit count than another, does not necessarily mean that image has more votes.
I think that this would be an interesting feature for editing galleries, and might actually help us Photogeeks learn something about our images in a very interesting way. :lol:

Thanks for taking the time to read my feature request.
Does anyone else have the same idea like this, or something similar??????

jm
:arrow: http://www.pbase.com/sonnyandcher

emily
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:53 pm

Hi Jim,

Actually, this has already been implemented.
When editing a gallery, you can click on the "Hits" column header to view your images sorted by hits.
You can also resequence the gallery contents according to hits, date, or title by editing the gallery and clicking the "sequencing" link at the top of the page. Just select the sort-by method you would like and click the "Resequence Gallery Items" button. If you want least-viewed images first, sort by hits in "increasing order". I hope this helps.

-Emily
emily@pbase.com

jmphotography

Thanks Emily

Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:27 am

Hey thanks Emily, I appreciate the responce.
I didn't know this request has come up recently, I just thought I'd ask.
Thanks again Emily :lol:

davel

Votes

Post Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:07 pm

I'd be interested to know how many (if any!) votes my galleries or images get - one of the points made in the original post.

I have found the improvements to the sort function helpful, thanks Emily.

Keep up the good work, Dave.

Board index PBase Feature Requests Voting Features Request