Board index PBase Feature Requests B4 I subscribe - need slideshows and EXIF/IPTC captions

Feature Requests

B4 I subscribe - need slideshows and EXIF/IPTC captions

Request changes or modifications.
bbinparis

B4 I subscribe - need slideshows and EXIF/IPTC captions

Post Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:17 am

I like the look of this service, and am thinking seriously about using it. It sure beats what I am doing now, which is creating my own galleries using BreezeBrowser and uploading them. In particular it beats doing multiple runs for different image sizes.

However there are two options that I'd really need. One is the slideshow option. This shouldn't be hard. I've already got a javascript one in my BB template. You can have the code for it if you like.

Second, I have put a lot of work into annotating my photos with IPTC data and using the EXIF caption field. I'd like to be able to access this metadata. It would be rather tedious to have to input it all again. At the very least I can't see why the EXIF caption couldn't be used.

That said, the EXIF data is not being read correctly for my test images (Canon S60). The complete EXIF & IPTC data was present in the test images I uploaded.

F_P

ukexpat

Re: B4 I subscribe - need slideshows and EXIF/IPTC captions

Post Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:20 pm

bbinparis wrote:{snip}

That said, the EXIF data is not being read correctly for my test images (Canon S60). The complete EXIF & IPTC data was present in the test images I uploaded.

F_P

Did you click on the "full exif" link?

bbinparis

Re: B4 I subscribe - need slideshows and EXIF/IPTC captions

Post Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:39 pm

ukexpat wrote:
bbinparis wrote:{snip}

F_P

Did you click on the "full exif" link?

Yes. The ISO is missing, and the Exposure Program is incorrect. as is the exposure bias. The White balance just says -1.

These things are not that important to me. Not having to re-type all my descriptions is important, as is a slide show.

I understand that IPTC capability is a major upgrade, but if the EXIF is already being read, albeit imperfectly, then surely being able to use the EXIF caption is a modest change.

F_P

Board index PBase Feature Requests B4 I subscribe - need slideshows and EXIF/IPTC captions